Jan Bednarek

Delphinho123

Just now, briny_ear said:

This has me wondering what sorts of things a 26 year old does to create an impression of being 30? 🤫

He must have had a tough paper round, as thought he looked older. Nothing he’s done in particular just my perception and never paying any attention to him at all. 

15 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

He must have had a tough paper round, as thought he looked older. Nothing he’s done in particular just my perception and never paying any attention to him at all. 

One of these men is 26 , one is 30. Which is which?0DF27C1B-CDCC-4BE5-91CB-5C0500A0C58D.webp.a25ec59adc27d2b7abf8af561ba0f194.webpC81692C8-9447-42D2-9C90-57A270AAA6BF.thumb.jpeg.1cf1e49468cef6d0ff0906cfb0e1dbd3.jpeg

1 minute ago, skarroki said:

Would rather get Zagadou frankly, be better on FFP to get a free agent and not help a fellow prem team with their bloated squad and FFP issues. 

Was thinking the same, Deneyer even. If we just need a defender for the sake of having one, might as well get one on a free.

Edited by duke313
  • Like 2

Our main transfer targets seem to be either young players with growth potential or older experienced players who have been there and done it. Bednarek is neither of these things and as such I suspect it is bullshit! 

SG is giving some thought to signing Bednarek ??? Just the thought of signing a player like Bednarek, who is on the way down not up, is short sighted. We should be looking to buy in players that would slot in to any top 10 team, where is the ambition in signing Benarek?

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

Would rather get Zagadou frankly, be better on FFP to get a free agent and not help a fellow prem team with their bloated squad and FFP issues. 

Zaaaaagaaaaaa-do-do-do.

Is he on a free currently or next summer? Never heard of him tbh.

Edited by Tom13

9 minutes ago, Podster said:

SG is giving some thought to signing Bednarek ??? Just the thought of signing a player like Bednarek, who is on the way down not up, is short sighted. We should be looking to buy in players that would slot in to any top 10 team, where is the ambition in signing Benarek?

26 isn't necessarily on the way down but I thought Bednarek was like early twenties tbh.

I've seen nowhere near enough of him to have a proper opinion of his ability though.

Edited by Tom13

8 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Zaaaaagaaaaaa-do-do-do.

He is on a free and had a lot of high potential but has had injuries last few seasons so Dortmund released him. He is still only 23

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Zaaaaagaaaaaa-do-do-do.

On a free currently. I thought he was highly thought of and getting games at Dortmund but seems to have fallen out of favour. Whether that's down to injuries, attitude, form, ability or a change in playing style, I have no idea. I just know he was very highly thought of and still rated highly in value on transfermarkt, good on FM22

• Thanks 1

He’s not gunna be brought in to replace Carlos if, he comes in It will be as back up competing with chambers, Konsa. Not pushing we sign him but chambers has shown he could be our 1st choice RCB alongside Mings, with Konsa & bednarek adding cover and competition for a season, whilst Carlos recovers and the crop of potential 1st young CB’s in the ranks progress. 

Don’t have a huge problem with it but would definitely prefer other & better options. 

Edited by thabucks

39 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

While it's not a move I'd be excited about, think a lot of you are being excessively harsh on Bednarek. He's not a superstar, but he certainly isn't terrible. He's more well-rounded than Konsa as a player.

I don’t care if we sign superstars but I don’t want us to sign shit players like bednarek. Low block it is.

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

Yes but that’s what Bednarek has been struggling with.

Bednarek, or Southampton? That's the thing about CBs. They're often blamed for the shortcomings of the midfielders ahead of them. When you're asked to play a high line and the midfield allows the opposition to break through with one pass, there are very few CBs in the world who can make up for it. But that's why Van Dijk, Koulibaly, etc are paid what they're paid.

• Like 1

Â