Jan Bednarek

Delphinho123

I think he’d be an astute buy, he’s at a good age. Whenever, I’ve seen him for Southampton, he’s been more than decent. I think without checking, he’s a Polish international. He’d add competition for places, he’s solid. I’d be for this potential signing definitely 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Not being a Southampton fan I haven’t paid much attention to this guy.

Therefore I really have no idea if he’s a good footballer or not.

If he signs for Villa I will watch him more closely and make an opinion then.

Frankly I'm amazed by the amount of people that seem to have followed his game so closely 😉.

I have no idea if he's any good or not, but defenders in particular work in partnership will the people alongside, in front and the person behind. Stick Konsa in the Man City backline, and he'll look a world-beater. Stick him in a back 4 at Norwich last season and he'll look like a donkey. 

FWIW, I would be surprised if we followed our enquiry with a bid but if we do this will be the first time I've every paid attention to his game. No one was particular y enthused when Chambers came in, but he's turned out to be a steal. If we were bidding for him now instead of January, we'd be up in arms in a similar fashion.

5 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Frankly I'm amazed by the amount of people that seem to have followed his game so closely 😉.

I have no idea if he's any good or not, but defenders in particular work in partnership will the people alongside, in front and the person behind. Stick Konsa in the Man City backline, and he'll look a world-beater. Stick him in a back 4 at Norwich last season and he'll look like a donkey. 

FWIW, I would be surprised if we followed our enquiry with a bid but if we do this will be the first time I've every paid attention to his game. No one was particular y enthused when Chambers came in, but he's turned out to be a steal. If we were bidding for him now instead of January, we'd be up in arms in a similar fashion.

Chambers should start with Mings. This guy is surely an adequate back-up.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Chambers should start with Mings. This guy is surely an adequate back-up.

But how many back-ups do we need? In addition to Chambers, we have Konsa, Hause, Feeney, and even Kamara.

41 minutes ago, a-k said:

But how many back-ups do we need? In addition to Chambers, we have Konsa, Hause, Feeney, and even Kamara.

Yep, I agree. Do we teally need anyone? Not really, if we trust those we have, but that's the question: do we?

Just now, AVTuco said:

Yep, I agree. Do we teally need anyone? Not really, if we trust those we have, but that's the question: do we?

From what I’ve read and heard in the press conferences, Hause wants first team football and we have an understanding that we will let him pursue that. Carlos’ injury now makes that a tricky situation because if we honour that then we need a replacement for him or we just say to him no you can’t go we need you as back up.

But correct me if I’m wrong, Hause hasn’t played for months has he? He also missed pre season due to injury and has only recently started training again so how much use would he be if we needed to call on him? I don’t know.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Hause hasn't been fit for a while, and wants to try and 1st team football somewhere.

Let's say Konsa has a knock and Mings picks up a suspension, that leaves Chambers and Feeney? If Hause goes, we'll need another player in.

• Thanks 1

I am ambivalent as well. do we really want to pay a fee for a player who (assuming he makes a full recovery) will be out again when Carlos returns? Not sure. I was also impressed by that Feeney lad, but I suppose its too soon for him and the first team.

eh @StanBalaban persuaded me why, that makes sense.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I believe Gerrard said he wanted 4 in total, and if Hause is on his way and with Carlos out, I can see why.

12 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I see he's getting the usual expert analysis ftom the VT firing squad. Just like when we signed current darling Calum Chambers. Here are few (anonymised) reactions to that one: 

"He is rubbbish but will do on a free transfer as 4th choice centre half until the youth are ready to overtake him" 

"Not a fan at all. He's awful" 

"Not that much better than Axel imo" 

"lol would rather have Hause" 

"Capped by England?  I don’t even know who he is" 

"Don't really rate him at all tbh" 

"Not a fan to be honest, looked awful every time I saw him at Arsenal" 

"Oh god! what have you done Aston Villa!" 

"He's absolutely shit though" 

"He's terrible on the right, and at CB as well from what I've seen" 

"I don’t think he’s good enough to be a first choice starter for any premier league team so it was probably a choice between being part of a squad like ours or dropping to the championship" 

I know , these forum type websites with peoples opinions on them are a  really difficult theory to grasp for some posters 😬

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I see he's getting the usual expert analysis ftom the VT firing squad. Just like when we signed current darling Calum Chambers. Here are few (anonymised) reactions to that one: 

"He is rubbbish but will do on a free transfer as 4th choice centre half until the youth are ready to overtake him" 

"Not a fan at all. He's awful" 

"Not that much better than Axel imo" 

"lol would rather have Hause" 

"Capped by England?  I don’t even know who he is" 

"Don't really rate him at all tbh" 

"Not a fan to be honest, looked awful every time I saw him at Arsenal" 

"Oh god! what have you done Aston Villa!" 

"He's absolutely shit though" 

"He's terrible on the right, and at CB as well from what I've seen" 

"I don’t think he’s good enough to be a first choice starter for any premier league team so it was probably a choice between being part of a squad like ours or dropping to the championship" 

Fans said all this when I mentioned Holding too. 

If people start thinking of Bednarek as a replacement for Hause not a replacement for Carlos, it becomes a little less worrying. Chambers and Konsa to fight for a place next to Mings, we should still be stronger defensively with Kamara in front. 

• Like 1

Â