Jan Bednarek

Delphinho123

10 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I don’t necessarily think Chambers will be sold (I wasn’t the original post) but if we sign players on a free and then can move them on for a few mill it wouldn’t surprise me to see it happen.

It would surprise me to do it then waste that money by signing Bednarek instead.

I agree with those saying he's nowhere near as bad as the bed wetting reaction would have you believe, but still and all I just don't really get what would be the point of signing him given the circumstances. He doesn't really replace the attributes that Carlos would have brought to the side and arguably isn't better than or will start ahead of Chambers or Konsa,, and it's not like depth is what is needed at CB right now so it just seems odd.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tom13 said:

26 isn't necessarily on the way down but I thought Bednarek was like early twenties tbh.

I've seen nowhere near enough of him to have a proper opinion of his ability though.

You say you havn't seen enough of him to judge him on his ability, I have followed him in as much as he was in my FF team for a couple of years, never did great, also I think he is nowhere near the skill level Villa should be aiming for. As for his age I know 26 is not old but I say he is on the way down based on his skill, he showed promise 2 or 3 years ago but his form dipped over the last 12 months.

Edited by Podster
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Podster said:

You say you havn't seen enough of him to judge him on his ability, I have followed him in as much as he was in my FF team for a couple of years, never did great, also I think he is nowhere near the skill level Villa should be aiming for. As for his age I know 26 is not old but I say he is on the way down based on his skill, he showed promise 2 or 3 years ago but his form dipped over the last 12 months.

You do realise it's near the end of the window and we have a very small group of options to choose from? Most teams have set their squads now.

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

Really don’t see the point in this transfer that’s if we are, we have 3 centre backs already and feeney who’s the 4th, it’s a pointless signing, most Southampton fans don’t rate him 

Their fans are absolutely peeing themselves laughing at the prospect of us signing Bednarek.....think they see it as karma for nicking Ings off them.

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

Really don’t see the point in this transfer that’s if we are, we have 3 centre backs already and feeney who’s the 4th, it’s a pointless signing, most Southampton fans don’t rate him 

Not even that, we have mings, Chambers, konsa, Hause (if he wants out we can say no) Feeney, swinkels, Bogarde and Smith and then next year Carlos will be back 

To me he'd be a Hause replacement, next year he'd be 5th choice 

It would be a crazy signing 

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

You do realise it's near the end of the window and we have a very small group of options to choose from? 

No it’s not, there is almost two weeks left of the transfer window when historically most business is done.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

No it’s not, there is almost two weeks left of the transfer window when historically most business is done.

Yes, but those weeks are the result of the work done up until then. First targets that couldn’t be landed etc. 

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not even that, we have mings, Chambers, konsa, Hause (if he wants out we can say no) Feeney, swinkels, Bogarde and Smith and then next year Carlos will be back 

To me he'd be a Hause replacement, next year he'd be 5th choice 

It would be a crazy signing 

Forgot all about Hause 

Â