Jan Bednarek

Delphinho123

He's apparently on £60k/w at Southampton after signing that new contract in 2021. He's not going to take a pay cut to come here I'd assume and he'd likely cost £20m-£30m to sign.

That's a very high price to pay IMO for a player who is OK but not great and who will likely not develop much.

Salisu would be a much smarter signing even if he costs a bit more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He won’t be as bad as people are making out. He’s better than Hause in my opinion and he will show that.

Its the fact he will cost 15-20 million is the problem for a stop gap replacement

15 minutes ago, sne said:

He's apparently on £60k/w at Southampton after signing that new contract in 2021. He's not going to take a pay cut to come here I'd assume and he'd likely cost £20m-£30m to sign.

That's a very high price to pay IMO for a player who is OK but not great and who will likely not develop much.

Salisu would be a much smarter signing even if he costs a bit more.

I agree on Salisu good player.

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its the fact he will cost 15-20 million is the problem for a stop gap replacement

Fair enough but thats just as much to do with the current market. We’re taking a player that has played 120 games for Southampton so are weakening their squad. We have to pay that premium I guess. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair enough but thats just as much to do with the current market. We’re taking a player that has played 120 games for Southampton so are weakening their squad. We have to pay that premium I guess. 

We don't have to sign players from the PL thou. Could get better, more promising, younger players for a lot less if we look abroad most likely. Bednarek feels like a quick fix that doesn't really fix much if anything.

PL experience is not worth THAT much premium IMO.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’ll be a great signing if he goes to West Ham ;)

They need all the help they can get considering their form over the last 30 games :D 

If he goes there and plays enough he'll likely pop up with the odd goal or 3 and people will come back claiming we should have signed him without actually having watched how he performed as a defender for them.

6 minutes ago, sne said:

They need all the help they can get considering their form over the last 30 games :D 

If he goes there and plays enough he'll likely pop up with the odd goal or 3 and people will come back claiming we should have signed him without actually having watched how he performed as a defender for them.

Yeah I remember the hype about Vestegaard on here because he won a header against McGinn, truth is he is useless and Leicester fans cant stand him

Just now, Zatman said:

Yeah I remember the hype about Vestegaard on here because he won a header against McGinn, truth is he is useless and Leicester fans cant stand him

We could probably get him pretty cheap. He's really, really tall :D 

42 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I don't think it's a stop gap. I think Gerrard wants different types of CBs at the club. I expect Konsa or Chambers to move on next summer. Konsa has a long contract so a loan for him next summer makes sense if he hasn't improved enough from his performances last season.

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I don't think it's a stop gap. I think Gerrard wants different types of CBs at the club. I expect Konsa or Chambers to move on next summer. Konsa has a long contract so a loan for him next summer makes sense if he hasn't improved enough from his performances last season.

Chambers? He was signed on Gerrard’s watch

32 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I don’t necessarily think Chambers will be sold (I wasn’t the original post) but if we sign players on a free and then can move them on for a few mill it wouldn’t surprise me to see it happen.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, a m ole said:

That was because we only had 3 CBs and needed a 4th. So we shopped for what we could get at the time. He made perfect sense as was experienced and essentially free. We'll make a tidy profit on him or Konsa if we sold either 

Â