Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We're just a bang average football team and Palace are a better side. We just need to accept our level is lower mid table

Much better manager who actually has a gameplan and has them functioning as a team and not a bunch of strangers.

We are playing much below the sum of our parts and them above it.

Really can’t imagine a combined 11 for the vast majority of people would have many more than 3 Palace players in it.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

They'll finish above us, if we keep Gerrard, like I said before the season started, an got laughed at.

Not by me, Cooper has built good teams everywhere he has globe, England u17’s, Swansea, Forest…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Other results pushing us down the table. Looking bad. I know it's early but the Bournemouth game was a shocking wake up call that's no one has listened to.

Thing is Rob, having watched all the preseason games, the performances were bad too. Yet the results papered over the fact we looked shockingly disorganised in preseason too. The signs were there that nothing has changed at all.

• Like 1

Let’s see if Purslow has the guts to get rid of this clown.

I really can’t see it though.

It’s depressing how we’re going nowhere, wasting time and money as we go.

There are teams who have spent far less and have (man for man) poorer sides than us that are doing a LOT BETTER. An actually identity and style of play, positive performances and results.

We have NOTHING. Aimless, turgid shite.

Embarassing.

We sacked Dean FOR THIS?!! FFS.

We may talk the talk but we certainly do not walk the walk…

Edited by Jas10

Just now, Keyblade said:

Vieira, the PL's greatest ever midfielder spends years honing his craft as an assistant and various clubs in different countries. Finally given a shot in the PL by Palace, all due respect to them.

Meanwhile golden boys Lampard and Gerrard spend a couple of years at Derby and Rangers and boom, here's the Chelsea/Everton and Villa jobs lads. 

I find that very odd,he honed his craft at various clubs? Meaning he was sacked by said various clubs but Gerard wins a league title at one.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rodders said:

i think he's genuinely worse than Sherwood as manager. 

Sherwood gave us some good times, I think that often gets forgotten. 

Edited by Lichfield Dean
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Honestly he's not had a good game but he's not been helped because there is always a 2 on 1 or 3 on 1. Either he stays back and let's them drive forward or he tries to win the ball and they pass around him. 

This midfielders cover fullback has made us too open in midfield. Our midfield 3 ends too stretched out. Add to this we can't pass through their press and it a recipe for defeat. Passing movement and patterns of play need a lot of work. Players like Ramsey, Kamara, and even Mcginn are better then this. The coaching isn't good enough.

At least we can laugh at small heath. One shot on target against a team with ten men for 80 minutes and also losing.

They are probably laughing more at us though!