Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

Just now, Philosopher said:

They have hardly had a look at the opposition third of the pitch. They have been waltzing through us. Kamara has also been missing his interceptions and being out hustled. Our midfield and fullbacks have been terrorised.

Honestly he's not had a good game but he's not been helped because there is always a 2 on 1 or 3 on 1. Either he stays back and let's them drive forward or he tries to win the ball and they pass around him. 

Just now, CVByrne said:

We're just a bang average football team and Palace are a better side. We just need to accept our level is lower mid table

We shouldn't be accepting getting played off the pitch by a team we finished within 3 points of last season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I think we have enough to stay ahead of the promotion sides but it’s going to be messy. 

Steve Cooper will keep Forest up, they look more organised than us with 16 new signings, go figure

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

"Villa have certainly upped it in the last 5 minutes. But too little too late" is certainly the motto of all the games I've watched except when we are winning and then utterly collapse. 

Proves the players have it in them, shame the manage don't.

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

I do think he has made some very good signings and improved our roster..... kamara alone...  I'm teetering.

If that was the only bit of the job he's been good

It's a small part of it! 

Frank Lampard doing an equally shit job at Everton. When will clubs Ike ourselves and Everton learn to hire managers on merit and not on playing reputation.

Look how well the likes of Thomas Frank, Cooper and Potter are doing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This reminds me of Newcastle under bruce..newcastle fans said not in a million yrs could he turn newcastle players into decent players...then Eddie comes in and what happened....Its all about the coaching and Man management..something that by all accounts is missing at villa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

They don't have to play well... 

Palace would admit they played shit in both games last season. Its easy to play against us. Tim needed already to shore us up . But doesnt get in the matchday squad. Starting to believe that Gerrard doesnt have what it takes

Just now, Dale said:

If that was the only bit of the job he's been good

It's a small part of it! 

We'll never know for sure... But it's not even his job, it's Langes job to get the players in, we get this guff about Gerrard showing up at their house to push it over the line but we have scouts and a sporting director who do the donkey work 

• Like 1