Ludwig Augustinsson

HalfTimePost

Not thrilling by any means but a shrewd signing all the same, as back-ups go you'd struggle to do better for a team at Villa's level. Lange signed him previously I believe so you'd imagine this was his handiwork, fills a need in the squad but for relatively small funds so more can be used on a midfielder should it become possible to do so if certain outgoings happen. Good stuff all round.

• Like 1

Very astute signing and for that sort of value its ridiculous. Just goes to show, you don't have to spend huge amounts of money.

Still, there's a lot of headroom in there for a significant outlay on a player or two now.

48 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

My timing has never been poorer.

3 minutes you lasted. Well done.

EDIT: Although, there's still time for your reputation to come out of this one intact. Might be confirmed by the club on Wednesday.

Edited by sparrow1988

Good, if not spectacular signing that is much needed as it a) provides experienced cover for Digne and b) allows for Chrisene (probably the contender for the throne) to get much needed game time on loan. 

I like having Scandinavian players in the squad as they are always solid pros! 

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Especially with this one and his spectacular goal line saves

promo416684814_5015763.jpg?2020061718475

Look at all the faces. They knew.:D

Edited by sparrow1988

56 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Yes but the profile of player or quality we are signing is better, 5 players with Champions League experience rather than big money signings from the championship.

100% agree. I like what we are doing. Certainly a step from joe bennet and cissokho

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

It's like people were expecting us to sign Ferland Mendy as a back up left back or something. 

I think it's more that a back up left back on loan just isn't particularly exciting, however sensible a signing.

I don't remember anyone going mad with excitement when Olsen signed on loan in January either.

Â