Ludwig Augustinsson

HalfTimePost

Looks a reasonable deal for us, on paper. 

From the player's point of view it seems an odd one. 

He's unlikely to play ahead of Digne except for illness or injury and doesn't seem like he can cover other positions. And he's at an age where you'd think first team football is the priority. 

But if he's competent at all and it means no more Ash at left back, win win. 

• Like 1

Chrisene might not even be ready for a loan just yet, never mind our first team, he only turned eighteen earlier this year and missed the whole of last season. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he stayed and played for our U21s at least until January.

• Like 2

Not the thread for it but seeing as everyone else is mentioning him, Chrisene isn't a left-back. Watch him play instead of looking at his position on FIFA and you'll see he's not set for a career in that role. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Ludwig. I'm egg cited. 

One for the older VT members there. 

Ah, Ludwig.

WTF was that all about? I’m sure half the children’s TV programmes from my childhood were written and produced by people who were completely off their tits the whole time. 

• Like 1

If he does sign for Villa Digne will be rested more throughout the season hopefully meaning less injuries.

Very decent loan signing. 

5 hours ago, hippo said:

Tbf I'm struggling to see the point.

Back up LB to cover Digne - where we have a promising youngster and Ashley young.

All well and good. But I don't see a back up LB as a deal breaker next season.

I view this as another sign that NSWE aren't **** around and want to bum rush Europe *this season*. They want depth and experience in all positions in case injuries strike. 

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Never heard of him but he’s come to sit on the bench anyway because Digne will never get dropped no matter how poor he is playing right ?

Don’t really get this comment. Is it a not-so-thinly-veiled dig at the management? 
Digne has been superb since joining and fully deserves to be one of the first names on the team sheet.

• Like 3

Even if Chrisene turns out to be a great left back, he might need 3-4 years yet. A 21 year old defender is still very young.

A lot of our players were not playing top flight football (or were just breaking out) at that age.

Â