Ludwig Augustinsson

HalfTimePost

Well he doesn’t seem to have created much of a buzz does he? First new signing for a couple of weeks and the fan response is definitely a bit lukewarm, degenerating into nowty arguments about why we have resigned Ashley Young. (Because the people at the club who actually know what they are doing thought it would be a good idea, would be my reasoning.)

SO……..

Welcome Ludwig!!! Can’t wait to see you running out in a Villa shirt at some stage (hopefully not because Digne is injured though)

Edited by briny_ear

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Well he doesn’t seem to have created much of a buzz does he? First new signing for a couple of weeks and the fan response is definitely a bit lukewarm, degenerating into nowty arguments about why we have resigned Ashley Young. (Because the people at the club who actually know what they are doing thought it would be a good idea, would be my reasoning.)

SO……..

Welcome Ludwig!!! Can’t wait to see you running out in a Villa shirt at some stage (hopefully not because Digne is injured though)

It's like people were expecting us to sign Ferland Mendy as a back up left back or something. 

• Like 1

Seems like a smart signing for that amount. For me this summer seems we are being abit more cautious with money and not going OTT like last few. Its better to have sensible approach than doing what city do. 

• Like 1

The €4.5m is probably the loan fee, maybe plus wages. I doubt we'd get him on a permanent for that much, would cost quite a bit more, maybe closer to ten or twelve million, he's a fairly highly rated player in his own right, and will be expected to not just be a back-up to Digne, but to seriously challenge him for a place in the starting line-up.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Seems like a smart signing for that amount. For me this summer seems we are being abit more cautious with money and not going OTT like last few. Its better to have sensible approach than doing what city do. 

Yes but the profile of player or quality we are signing is better, 5 players with Champions League experience rather than big money signings from the championship.

1 minute ago, useless said:

The €4.5m is probably the loan fee, maybe plus wages. I doubt we'd get him on a permanent for that much, would cost quite a bit more, maybe closer to ten or twelve million, he's a fairly highly rated player in his own right, and will be expected to not just be a back-up to Digne, but to seriously challenge him for a place in the starting line-up.

Spanish press already reported the loan fee is $500k - we aren’t paying that fee for a backup loan. 

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Feels like the Chambers deal, and that's turned out very well for us.

Solid enough, and occasionally spectacular.

I'd argue that Chambers has been our best signing of the last 12 months all things considered. 

• Like 4

Â