Ludwig Augustinsson

HalfTimePost

8 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Fair play to Romano.  Often dismissed as a tap in merchant but he’d had musings about an incoming left back for us all week and now he’s broke the story.

He was beaten a little with the first mention of Augustinsson.

8 hours ago, useless said:

Chrisene might not even be ready for a loan just yet, never mind our first team, he only turned eighteen earlier this year and missed the whole of last season. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he stayed and played for our U21s at least until January.

He has definately had his load managed last season.  He has never been available for a run of games . Good prospect but nowhere near physically ready. I think he will stay with us as well  

28 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

If he is better than Target, I am happy. That should be the litmus test for any signing - he is better than the guy he is replacing.

I’d have been okay with Target as back up anyway, so if Augustinsson is about par with Matt I’ll take it. 

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Don’t really get this comment. Is it a not-so-thinly-veiled dig at the management? 
Digne has been superb since joining and fully deserves to be one of the first names on the team sheet.

I was taking the piss mate. It’s been said by some of our fans Digne will always play no matter what because of his wages.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, hippo said:

Tbf I'm struggling to see the point.

Back up LB to cover Digne - where we have a promising youngster and Ashley young.

All well and good. But I don't see a back up LB as a deal breaker next season.

If you saw Ashley Young playing at right back yesterday you wouldn't say that! Seb Revan at left back looked more composed than poor Ashley on his 37th birthday.

22 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah I've wanted us to sign him ever since he played for IFK Göteborg back in 14/15. Back then as a prospect and rotation player. Guess he'd be a rotation player now too so circle closed :D 

He's had a lot of little injuries and a few big ones in the last year or two that's disrupted his development and he's not quite lived up to the promise he had as a young player but when fit he's still Sweden #1 LB.

20/21 Muscular problems May 21, 2021 May 24, 2021 3 days 1SV Werder Bremen
20/21 Thigh Muscle Strain Apr 7, 2021 Apr 16, 2021 9 days 2SV Werder Bremen
20/21 Back trouble Feb 17, 2021 Mar 1, 2021 12 days 2SV Werder Bremen
20/21 Muscular problems Jan 15, 2021 Jan 29, 2021 14 days 3SV Werder Bremen
20/21 Thigh Muscle Strain Oct 21, 2020 Nov 16, 2020 26 days 3SV Werder Bremen
19/20 Muscular problems May 15, 2020 May 25, 2020 10 days 2SV Werder Bremen
19/20 Torn Muscle Fibre Dec 21, 2019 Feb 19, 2020 60 days 7SV Werder Bremen
19/20 Knee Surgery Aug 27, 2019 Nov 20, 2019 85 days 10SV Werder Bremen
19/20 Knee Problems Jul 27, 2019 Aug 26, 2019 30 days 3SV Werder Bremen

He's fairly solid but not spectacular. Fairly quick with a good left foot and not afraid to join in attack but not great in the air and not that strong. Great engine thou and pretty intelligent.

For a back up he's a good addition, especially on a loan but once again it's not great the a Swedish international is stuck on the bench at Villa. Not that well be going to any tournaments while Janne Andersson is coach for the national side. And I hope Gabriel Gudmundsson is first choice at LB before long for Sweden.

But again I would be happy if he joined Villa since I've been droning on about it for 7 years now...

I think he will play alot more than we expect. Digne will be at world cup and picked up some injuries. Not to mention cup games and 5 sub rule now

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I think he will play alot more than we expect. Digne will be at world cup and picked up some injuries. Not to mention cup games and 5 sub rule now

Yeah I expect he will get a fair number of minutes. Probably similar to what he got at Sevilla, although they were playing in Europe so a lot more games for them in a season.

Â