Ludwig Augustinsson

HalfTimePost

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Probably because he flopped at Seville. 

Regullion was brilliant at Sevilla yet he's been underwhelming at Spurs and Conte wants rid of him (ironically probably going back to Sevilla).

Who knows how Ludwig will adapt but I'd go more of his Bremen performances and seems he was pretty solid on the whole for them.

13 hours ago, useless said:

I don't get why people are talking about this signing as if he's some random relatively unknown player from the Swedish league. He's an experienced international with the Swedish national team, has Champions and Europa League experience, and has played a vast amount of games in the Bundesliga, I wouldn't exactly be disappointed if we brought someone in with that kind of pedigree as our first choice never mind second choice. I'm seeing people defending the signing by saying he will never play anyway, as if the signing needs defending.

Excellent points - hope this doesn’t get lost in the thread. It’s very sensible business. 

10 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

A big difference is that Targett is tested in the PL and is an established PL player, if Augustinsson will adapt to the physicality and tempo remains to be seen.

Not targeting you in particular because this is part of a long running conversation including many, but why do so many people keep maundering on about bloody Targett? He wanted to leave so he left and that’s that. Good luck to him at Newcastle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Not targeting you in particular because this is part of a long running conversation including many, but why do so many people keep maundering on about bloody Targett? He wanted to leave so he left and that’s that. Good luck to him at Newcastle.

As Augustinsson is brought in as a replacement for Targett (the cover for digne), I think it's relevant to compare the two.

Staying on target 😄, I think he is one of the best LB:s we have had in a long time, solid defensively and a good passer, more of a classic LB than an attacking LB/WB that Gerrard likes though, so Augustinsson is probably a better fit in that aspect.

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think we need a sweepstake on how many matches he will play for Villa next season. I am going for 12.

Starting or even 1 minute at the end counts?   

I’m going with 2 starts and 7 subs.

6 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Not one comment on his performance against Brisbane?  I thought he played well... Looked very comfortable going forward and looks very similar in style to Digne.  Should be a huge upgrade on Ashley Young at LB.  

I think that we are so enamored with Kamara , Carlos and the kids that naturally he has been pushed mentally to one side.good player though and far more suitable to our team than Matt

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KMitch said:

Not one comment on his performance against Brisbane?  I thought he played well... Looked very comfortable going forward and looks very similar in style to Digne.  Should be a huge upgrade on Ashley Young at LB.  

Yep has a good catalogue of crosses as well

• Like 1

Â