Ludwig Augustinsson

HalfTimePost

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Mad how much moaning this is generating on villa social media 

Rage at signing a back up left back on loan 

Crazy isn't it! Entitled doesn't even begin to describe them. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Tbf I'm struggling to see the point.

Back up LB to cover Digne - where we have a promising youngster and Ashley young.

All well and good. But I don't see a back up LB as a deal breaker next season.

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

So many don't have a clue.

On 04/07/2022 at 12:00, useless said:

I'm pretty sure that we will still be signing another left-back, as has been speculated all summer by all the more reliable journalists, and that speculation came even though it was well known that Young was likely to stay, so not sure what's changed in that regard.

Digne and Cash will be first choice fullbacks next season, Kesler-Hayden likely to go on loan to the championship, so bringing in another left-back still makes sense as we're not going to go into the season with Young as the only back-up fullback.

Konsa and Chambers can also play there but they don't suit Gerrard's system at all, so we'd be in trouble if we found ourselves in a situation where they had to play fullback for any extended period of time.

Chrisene is still very young and missed pretty much all of last season, and his long-term position might not even be as a fullback anyway.

Bingo from me this time, I knew that Young signing a new contract didn't mean we suddenly didn't want a new left-back as so many were presuming. Was expecting someone younger though, but an international with champions league experience and experience at relatively big clubs doesn't seem a bad option as a stop-gap until Chrisene or someone else is ready to step up.

• Like 3

Can’t tell you much about him but he’s played 100+ games in Spain/Germany and also presumably played with Diego Carlos at Sevilla and plays with Olsen for Sweden, so seems like a solid enough squad player.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Back up LB to cover Digne - where we have a promising youngster and Ashley young.

Don’t think it’s meant to be a deal breaker.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

A promising youngster isn’t going to improve on the bench, so this gives him the opportunity to go out to league 1 or 2 and play 30 or 40 real games not just kids games so he should come back twice the player.

As for Young, he’s a versatile back up not sure we’d want to rely on him though. Think he’s probably only a year or 2 away from retirement but seems like a good senior pro to have around the dressing room for the youngsters and to set standards for the rest.

This one just makes a lot of sense to me. A relatively inexpensive signing, will do a role in the squad, and as it’s a loan it leaves our options open if he impresses, or not

Edited by david-avfc
  • Like 2

Â