Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

Bolt from the blue and didn’t expect it at all.  Surely means Hause is going and wouldn’t be surprised if Mings goes this summer. Omitted from the England squad, so was it now deliberate in order for him to finalise a move elsewhere?  Possibly add Bassey and we would be in a healthy CB position.

As ever, impressed by how swift our business has been.

In all honesty I don't know enough about him to feign excitement about the transfer but I do know Sevilla have done really well lately and a 4th place finish the last two seasons is not to be sniffed at in La Liga.

UTV, welcome Diego

Time to get rid of that speculation tag.

Fantastic work by the club, as per. Getting all the main targets in early is crucial for preseason. Doing it before the window is even open though, that's just spectacular.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

I don't get the whole left foot CDL and right foot CDR, if they are good enough their foot preference doesn't matter.  Terry/Carvalho? Vidic/Ferdinand?  All right footed.

Has any team regularly played two left footed central defenders? Two right footers make sense as I imagine 80% (a guess) players are right footed.

Not that it matters here, Carlos is right footed. 

p.s Genuinely thought Terry was left footed for years, such was his quality with it. 

Seen a few reports already that Sevilla needed to balance their books by 30th June, and that this guy could be sold cheaply to do that. £26m ain't that cheap, but this is a lot less than was initially thought.

Apparently, this will allow Sevilla to demand a better price for Kounde - which sorta makes sense, as they'll now have to the end of the transfer window.

So that's 2x La Liga teams we've probably had one over based on financial needs. As an accountant, Mr Lange, take a bow 🙇‍♂️

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He's next, defense was a shambles this season, too many mistake.  SG overseeing a complete overhaul of defense and midfield.

Was a lot of errors but weren't we one of the leanest teams for goals conceded under Gerrard? Might be wrong but sure I heard that somewhere. 

4 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

if he can get into shape he may be decent. What a slob

I can see him and mings having flexing competitions in front of the holte end after games.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He's next, defense was a shambles this season, too many mistake.  SG overseeing a complete overhaul of defense and midfield.

Who is he going to replace? Tarkowski is a right footer and we have Carlos, Konsa and Chambers. Konsa is injured until late August /early September so is unlikely anyone will risk buying him. 

Bassey is the next most likely as he will be expected to push Mings and cover at LB. 

Edited by Made In Aston

Â