Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

2 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I stood with my arm around my dad when we were at Wembley, he was crying as we’d just lost 1-0 to Fulham. That was not long ago at all, what a turnaround for our club. Exciting times.

I often think about that moment and the bitter dissapointment all of us felt. In reality it was the single best thing that happened to this club in a long long time. 

Very good lesson for life in there. 

• Thanks 3

Don't know much about him but we ain't messing around. Getting deals done early and in time for preseason, the way I like it. 

He should bring a winning mentality, highly rated by Sevilla fans by the looks of it, played in the CL and been part of a strong defence the past 3-4 seasons. 

Downsides are he's getting on a bit and never been picked by national team, though it's not an easy thing given they have Thiago Silva, Marquinhos and Miltao playing for top European clubs. 

I am more happy with this one than Tarkowski as going on reports he should improve us a fair bit more than Tarkowski would. 

If we can get Bissouma through the door next then next season is starting to look very exciting for us. 

21 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Hmm not sure but hopefully he will be a decent buy. Gerrard is going on MON on us in buying a new defence from players in their late 20's.

I mean, i'm debating whether the better player is Didier Agathe, or Diego Carlos right now.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Took us until 2019 to sign the first Brazilian in the entire history of our club...  Now we're signing more and more every season!  UTV!!!

I want the full Brazil national team lining up for us by 2024 or I’m out.

Just now, rbcuk said:

That was probably the best thing that happened to us, as wouldn’t have these owners and be a yo yo club with Bruce still here 😭

Said the same a year later, blessing in disguise.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Know nothing about him at all. Glad to contribute to the discussion. 

He's Brazilian.

His name is Carlos.

He's jacked.

do you need anything else?

• Like 1

How rapid was that? I literally thought this was just a crazy rumour with no actual concrete evidence that there was interest until about 30 minutes ago…

Also noticed a few posters who were concerned about discipline etc etc… how long have we been known for being ‘nice’? It hasn’t really got us anywhere. It’s about time we had a bit more bite…. 

Just now, duke313 said:

How can Douglas Luiz leave us now?

He might make a u turn now. Dont forget we atill got wesley as well although id be suprised if he isnt sold in the summer or loaned again

4 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Don't know much about him but we ain't messing around. Getting deals done early and in time for preseason, the way I like it. 

He should bring a winning mentality, highly rated by Sevilla fans by the looks of it, played in the CL and been part of a strong defence the past 3-4 seasons. 

Downsides are he's getting on a bit and never been picked by national team, though it's not an easy thing given they have Thiago Silva, Marquinhos and Miltao playing for top European clubs. 

I am more happy with this one than Tarkowski as going on reports he should improve us a fair bit more than Tarkowski would. 

If we can get Bissouma through the door next then next season is starting to look very exciting for us. 

Don't worry about that. In recent times we have kick started the international careers of the two emi's and, most recently, kamara (hard to take much credit for that one lol)

• Like 1

People worried about his age... 29 is not that old now, as people stay fitter longer. Also £26m isn't *that* much nowadays for a first team player. 

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I wonder if this will tempt luiz to stay?

I reckon countinho had a word definitely 

Coutinho might never have met him - but Douglas Luiz played in the Olympic team with him, so more likely they have had a chat.

Â