Ratings & Reactions: Man City v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/05/22 at 23:00

We were exceptionally mentally weak before Gerrard came in, and I expect we'll stay that way long after he's gone. Can't pin this all on the manager.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

25 seconds added onto the 4 despite two minutes of stoppages, numerous penalty shouts, Fernandinho should have gone.

Also, should it actually have been a corner for their second goal?

One goal came after a clear Villa throw in was given to City. For the whole game the ref couldn’t give them decisions quickly enough. 

• Like 2

If I was Lincoln City playing Real Madrid, I'd still find it unacceptable to concede three goals in less than five minutes. Pathetic and weak, there are no excuses for that regardless of how solid you are for the rest of the game.

What makes it worse is that none of us are really surprised, Villa are a mentally and physically weak team who buckle under the slightest push.

• Like 1

Inexperience got exposed

Mistakes are significantly more likely to happen when your players are running on fumes

Waiting until after the 83rd minute to make 2 of your 3 changes doesnt help that

Its not Scotland where you can get away with it against some low quality opposition

Still, credit to how we were set up for most of that match

1 minute ago, Ouchmefoot said:

Looking for a silver lining, at least Liverpool fans won't be able to go on forever about when they won the quadruple

True true.

Just now, andym said:

Mistakes are significantly more likely to happen when your players are running on fumes

I wonder why that is. As a fresh Sanson sits on the bench. Gerrard has ran these players into the ground whilst playing SHIT football and getting NO results.

Plucky losers again. Same sh*t different day. Effing fed up with it to be honest. Only we could be cruising at 2-0 and then concede 3 goals in 5 minutes.

At least the season is now over. Today just encapsulated it, bits of quality but just far too many weak, spineless, bottlers in this team. 

Let's pray next season will be different and we can finally have a season where we're competing with the big boys again. 

Â