• Watkins
    • Buendía
    • Traoré (Chukwuemeka 57)
    • Coutinho (Ramsey 72)
    • Ings (Watkins 78)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/05/22 at 22:59

4 minutes ago, KillieVillain said:

Season report card :  should have done better with talent in our squad, massively underachieved , jury out on Gerard , big summer ahead in player recruitment.

Spot on. 

Mings, mcginniesta our two standout players today for me. Buendia offers more than coutinho. 

Just now, stewiek2 said:

We have nobody with that lethal selfishness up top

I'm not sure that's true, Watkins has already shown us with the right service he scores at this level. Ings has consistently done it for years too. 

You coudl say the same abotu every area of the pitch for us, which is the problem in my eyes. We're either a few great players away or we're not getting enough out of what we've got. Maybe that's not mutually exclusive either but I worry we'll spend big and find out it hasn't worked. We can play some very nice football and we're equally capable of playing badly and inviting the opposition to have a go. It's been said we need a great 6, new CB, fullbacks, striker.... Personally I'm not sure our problems can entirely be resolved with the chequebook. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Cash showed today he is at best second choice his final ball was appaing today.

True, his final ball let him down today. That said, he was very good otherwise.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AV82 said:

6 points ahead of Everton is pretty shit whichever way you look at it.

and 14th, so not even midtable!

Poor season under both managers!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Spot on. 

Mings, mcginniesta our two standout players today for me. Buendia offers more than coutinho. 

I thought we looked much better and coherent when he came on, he is so comfortable and assured on the ball like Grealish was, buys you time, we carried much more threat.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

The worst football you've seen in 25 **** years under this guy. PPG. Expected clean sheets. Table from x date.

It's totally and utterly crap crap crap football.

I can count about a thousand empty seats alone in front of me. But yes 'sold out'

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say, I don't think I've ever actually seen you post anything positive. Regardless of Manager. Lol

In 25 years? Jesus Christ.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

Good second half. Buendia really put a shift in and despite giving away a pen my motm for us but Pope the motm and although we should have won mings miracle block saved us coming away with nothing. 

• Like 1

Can't really complain a huge amount about tonight in isolation as outside of a daft moment from Buendia and a Nick Pope stormer (...and some help from Mings along the way) that was a win on any other night, but I have to say I'm so far from convinced with what we've seen so far. Needless to say will be patient and see how we start next season but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I thought we looked much better and coherent when he came on, he is so comfortable and assured on the ball like Grealish was, buys you time, we carried much more threat.

Interesting that Coutinho came on as a midfielder rather than a forward...he was setting the pace from back there...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Played well in the 2nd half.

I'm excited for next season but at the same time acknowledge a 14th place finish is a little disappointing. 

Positives to build on next season for sure. 

Yeah not pleasant looking at the table at all.

Even more frustrating, that we easily could have gone up to at least 11th tonight.

5 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I have no problem with your avatar but possibly you need to move on and back Villa now?

I've made multiple posts amongst which I've congratulated Gerrard on the second half display, praised McGinn's performance and gushed over Buendia. I also happen to have posted once referring to us only being 6 points ahead of Everton, who have had, by all accounts, a calamitous season. You're poking fun at someone having an avatar of a former Villa player on a Villa forum. Nice.

Edited by AV82

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We sold Grealish and brought in Coutinho, Buendia, Ings, Digne and Bailey.  Enough there that that excuse is very weak.

Oh right, when opposition fans said it to me daily for two years I didn’t know the caveat was we weren’t allowed to replace him. Forgive me for being pleased they were as wrong as they were while still acknowledging we have been poor.

• Like 1

Â