• Watkins
    • Buendía
    • Traoré (Chukwuemeka 57)
    • Coutinho (Ramsey 72)
    • Ings (Watkins 78)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/05/22 at 22:59

Pretty poor season overall . We are so **** inconsistent it is untrue. I hope that we find a better way of playing so that the full backs aremt crossing into the box so much but playing passes into the box . Find a player rather than hit and hope . 

Happy with the players we have but not happy with how we utilise them 

Brighton, Brentford & Newcastle being higher than us with us playing the Champions in waiting in the final game is poor. No hiding from it. 

I know its fine margins but its poor.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Also, I’m still a little stressed out that Newcastle managed to finish above us. What? 

Well, you might as well get used to it sooner or later. They'll probably finish above us every year for the next decade or two. 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Well, you might as well get used to it sooner or later. They'll probably finish above us every year for the next decade or two. 

Yeah man! Was just hoping for one last season lording it above them but no…827292929292292828282 trillion pounds landed in their lap just before the January transfer window. 

Edited by CLARETANDBLUEFOXY
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

On a serious note… there will always be games we should win and don’t. But dominating a game should always be celebrated, because if you dominate games you will win most of them. And we dominated that and hopefully they go down at the weekend. (And if they don’t, Leeds do, and that’s a nice end to the season as well!)

We did. I thought the subs were positive, we could’ve scored 3 or 4 tonight. Hope we keep Traore, so glad we have Coutinho. Looks like Sanson is history, such a shame. 

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, AV82 said:

I just think we can do better. We've played pretty poorly with a really talented squad that has been fully fit for the most part and yet it looks like we're going to give Gerrard 100m to fix problems that he's created himself... in my opinion. It's worrying.

This for me is the sticking point I have with a lot of Villa fans. We do not have a really talented squad. Konsa, Douglas Luiz, McGinn, Watkins, Ings (based on recent showings) are all starting XI players and none of them are top 10 players. Martinez, Cash, Digne, Mings, Ramsey, Coutinho and Buendia are our only quality players. And even then Ramsey is still learning, and the rest are fairly inconsistent. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The table is interesting, and of course it doesn't lie, but I think the number on the left does mislead slightly, or at least encourages an incorrect emphasis. What we can see from the table is that we're pretty much equidistant between West Ham in 7th and Burnley in 17th, and that feels about right. We can also see that there's a big clump of teams stuck together in the middle of the table, with nothing more than two wins separating us in 14th from Wolves in 8th; 2 wins is nothing really over the course of a season. Even though it would have been nice to finish with two home wins, and it's annoying that we miss out on a few million of prize money, it wouldn't mean we were a completely different team if we were level with Leicester instead; we'd still be a deserving part of the thick midtable clump. 

On to the game, not much to say that hasn't been said already. Obviously Pope was man of the match, and we created enough to win that on another day. Carney was fairly ineffective, and maybe if we'd played Coutinho, Ings or Traore from the start we might have done better, but the result is less important than getting the young man up to speed with the league. Chambers looks massively better than Konsa, but I'm sure we'll buy Mings a new partner anyway. Buendia was mostly excellent, so it's a shame he'll remember this one for one bad moment, but at least it happened in a game that doesn't objectively matter much. 

Agree here.

Apart from highlight part, couldn't disagree more. Getting Carney up to speed is far less important than the win. Unfortunately that's the way it is and is going to be in the Prem, especially if we want to go places. If we want to get him up to speed I suggest we loan him to a decent team in the Championship, cause no team will have him in this league at the moment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

This for me is the sticking point I have with a lot of Villa fans. We do not have a really talented squad. Konsa, Douglas Luiz, McGinn, Watkins, Ings (based on recent showings) are all starting XI players and none of them are top 10 players. Martinez, Cash, Digne, Mings, Ramsey, Coutinho and Buendia are our only quality players. And even then Ramsey is still learning, and the rest are fairly inconsistent. 

You just named 7 quality players and I'd argue Douglas and McGinn at least are more than capable as squad players in a side challenging for Europe. That's 9.... of 11.

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

They should be our benchmark to be fair. Why are they going to be better than us next season, I mean Haaland would hardly go there, so who will they sign who we can't.

11 minutes ago, Spoony said:

And with 3 more points they would all be top 10 players.

Teams placed 7-10 are full of shit players. Most teams are shit and we should appreciate that.

Probably the least I've been bothered about not winning a game in a long time, looking forward to the season ending now and seeing what we do in the summer. At least the result makes the relegation battle between Burnley and Leeds more interesting on the final day.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

Thought we played really well considering we never really left 2nd gear. Buendia and Mcginn were fantastic. A lot of people are complaining that ours chances weren’t clear cut but we know that Burnley defend their box very well and have a lot of players in it so we took our shots from further out and would have won comfortably if it wasn’t for Pope.

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Tony Pulis had Stoke about 8th and Sam had Bolton 6th. Doesn't mean its sustainable when play crap and get some results. I have seen nothing from performances i didn't see from Steve Bruce 

Today we were home to Burnley not away to Chelsea or United 

It was a strong performance against a highly motivated unit. Pope was exceptional. I think we tried to win and played in a style conducive to winning.  SG balanced the team to be competitive in this match and hopefully against City. I enjoyed the game. You cannot compare with McLeish and Bruce -  it is foolish. it is a hatchet job. You are better than that.

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Tony Pulis had Stoke about 8th and Sam had Bolton 6th. Doesn't mean its sustainable when play crap and get some results. I have seen nothing from performances i didn't see from Steve Bruce 

Today we were home to Burnley not away to Chelsea or United 

Absolute nonsense.

If it wasn't for Nick Pope , we win that game easily.

Also, we have played well multiple times this season.

I don't even know where to start with Sam Allardyce, Steve Bruce and Pulis etc because that's Olympic level reaching.

Anyway I'm done with this foolishness.

There are some steaming piles posts in this thread I tell you.

• Like 1

Thought their LB Taylor did an excellent job on Cash. He was as almost as crucial as Pope for them. 

Was fun with Coutinho as a deeper playmaker and pretty much everyone bar Dougie playing super attacking.

Lack of intensity and ideas in first half.... not for the first time. 

• Like 1

Â