• Watkins
    • Buendía
    • Traoré (Chukwuemeka 57)
    • Coutinho (Ramsey 72)
    • Ings (Watkins 78)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/05/22 at 22:59

Your ratings and reactions please. Keep it respectful even if you know everyone else is wrong.

A mod will add the players to the MoTM poll later.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That’s my biggest concern.  I’m not sure how many of the first main XI the fans are expecting to change.  You would assume even with a really busy transfer window almost 7 or 8 current first XI will be first XI next season.

I expect a minimum of two new players in the first XI (CB+DM). Probably one more, at most two more (CM+another CB).

35 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

McGinn plays every game.

...because we all know we are light in midfield and he's putting up top 5 in the league tackling numbers, while also arguably being our third most creative player after Coutinho and Buendia. I get his odd technical flaws and occassional inconsistency put some people off him but he'd be a massive miss in the team as it is at present.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I didn't want Coutinho no

I don't feel like that's the concensus amongst fans and I'm not sure I can think of many good reasons for not wanting to sign him, so would be interested to hear yours?

Even with the recent barren spell he's still at over 0.5 goals or assists per 90. Full season at that rate your getting 15-20 combined goals and assists from him if he keeps that up. Not sure how that's not worth the what we've paid for him.

The drop off in goals and assists looks in part like a slight change in role and position. In 9 games since his last goal when compared to his previous games he's up on 35% on touches, 11% on pressures, 158% on tackles, 130% on interceptions. He's completing 61% more passes at 84% completion, up from 78%, while progressive passes are up 36% and progressive carries are up 73%. This looks to me like he's playing deeper and having an impact on ball progression more than creating chances, although his shot creating actions stat is only actually down 15% from a pretty high 3.94 per 90 (which would put him 12th in the league)

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

a lot of this squad is bang average and just not good enough to compete for a European position. 

A lot of the teams above us aren't exactly stacked with world class players... Much more bang average in fact if you're looking at Brentford, Newcastle, Brighton, Palace. Even Ham/Wolves aren't stacked with better players than us - we should at a minimum be competing with those guys. 

So I agree, top ten is minimum even with little turnover (a DM incoming). 

12 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

”eeeeeeeeeeee yeah course Phil Mitchell gave Ian a right going over in the arches and I love the way Pat wears those earrings, in fact I’ve tried to get our Alex to wear em but she’s put me on the sofa…..”. 

I can hear him in my head lol…

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I didn't want Coutinho no

I think when coutinho stops having to drop deep into our own half to get the ball moving we might see more from him. And I trust Gerrard to sort our midfield in the summer 

• Like 1

Battered them 1-1

Always the way vs Burnley 

At least we got a ref that didn't put up with Cloggers FC for a change 

Chuk for traore sub took too long to come good, was a 10 min spell after it where we lost momentum 

• Like 1

Â