• Watkins
    • Buendía
    • Traoré (Chukwuemeka 57)
    • Coutinho (Ramsey 72)
    • Ings (Watkins 78)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/05/22 at 22:59

Just now, Spoony said:

I’m really concerned that we just cannot seem to score or finish games off. We haven’t won from a losing position all season.

We would have won tonight we’re it not for a Herculean effort from Pope.

• Like 1

Weird game

Pope made some great saves, but i never really thought we were battering them, we seemed happy to just stay in 3rd gear. Maybe hard to really motivate yourself when its a dead rubber to you.

Need to learn to consistently move the ball quicker, when we step it up and do that we create chances

Just average all round really. Just like our side. Alot of questions to be asked this summer regards recruitment, system and style of play, management. We have nobody with that lethal selfishness up top. I honestly think a better midfield would make a huge difference. Cash showed today he is at best second choice his final ball was appaing today. I don't agree with Gerrard regards the spine being good. It's not midfield and up top isn't good enough. We lack serious movement off the ball and a killer instinct. As much as people are rolling their eyes at Suarez he would have buried at least two of those chances tonight. For a season I'd risk it. Bring back Archer who'll learn massively. Ollie and Ings are too nice. Buendia despite the penalty has that graft and guile.

But goodness me do we play largely in a slow lethargic way under Gerrard and that's cost us at home. It's allowed opposition to quiet the crowd and nullify momentum. This cannot happen next season.

• Like 1

Good game, should have won. No injuries is a bonus. 

McGinn and Buendia stand out performers. Mings also had a very good game and saved us from losing.

If McGinn puts even half that performance against City I'll be amazed though. 

Bertie did OK.  Showed signs that he shouldn't really have been ignored all season, or at least since he's been fit.

Shame it means we'll finish the season where we will, it's a poor return this season. That performance gives me optimism for next season though. 

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I’m really concerned that we just cannot seem to score or finish games off. We haven’t won from a losing position all season.

That was a problem last season to

• Like 2

Â