Nottingham Forest

Demitri_C

9 hours ago, AndyClarke said:

Can't be on £180k surely, bang average, no resale value and just the sort of player a newly promoted club don't need. Madness.

Premier League money is worth that sort of risk if they think Lingard helps keep them up. £180k/wk over, say, 4 years is less than £40m.

Lingard won’t be worth that sort of outlay for West Ham but would be for a newly promoted side. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

If he's on a free they can also probably afford to put in a relegation release clause rather than worry about selling him 

Suits both parties 

But if he is on 180k a week and go down nobody will take him, nobody seems to want him now. Think he is 30 at the end of next season as well

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

But if he is on 180k a week and go down nobody will take him, nobody seems to want him now. Think he is 30 at the end of next season as well

I meant a free transfer clause 

Him going to forest does suggest no one else wants him 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Linked with Dennis now for 25 million who i think has one goal in 6 months

Probably kills the Keinan deal

pretty sure that goal was against us at VP aswell wasn't it, that header that won the game for them!?

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

He's a good player ripped it up at West Ham but only seems interested in one last pay deal now. 180k a week for 3 years, possibly playing against Huddersfield next season doesn't bear thinking about.

Since when do newly promoted clubs start dishing out £200k p/w wages 🤔 

i know theres no transfer fee involved but thats still madness. The disparity it will cause in the changing room will be fun to watch, good job Jesse is a quiet reserved lad and wont be rubbing it in

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue
  • Like 1

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Since when do newly promoted clubs start dishing out £200k p/w wages 🤔 

Good point.  I seem to recall Purslow saying that it’s far easier to pay big wages after your third year in the Premier League or something similar?  Not sure how Forest can possibly pay someone approx £200k p/w?

I thought Forest were doing well in the market, but £200k pw on someone who would rather promote their clothing brand is insane. 

What are they thinking of?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Xela said:

I thought Forest were doing well in the market, but £200k pw on someone who would rather promote their clothing brand is insane. 

What are they thinking of?

Got to get them Twitter likes up.  Probably should have brought in Trez and Samatta for half the price and got more likes :P 

He's 30 this year. 

If he was 18 and making vids like that i'd think he was a bit of a word removed, but understandable. At 30, it's tragic. 

Shame, as he can be a good player. 

• Like 3

Â