Nottingham Forest

Demitri_C

The first one shouldn't be a penalty, the player has decided to fall over at a touch, but would have been given in many a match unfortunately.

The second is a 50/50 one that mainly is down to the complete mess we've made of the handball rule. I personally don't think that should be a handball but if that's Liverpool or Manchester United and not Forest you'd not be shocked to see it given sadly. 

The third one is a joke. Blatant pen.

• Like 1

Third is 1000% a penalty. First was close. I might have given it. I would not have given the handball.

I get the Luton thing - he shouldn't even have  been put on duty to begin with, but the moment it was pointed out he should have been removed.

I can't accept the thinking that for some reason PGMOL/the PL want Forest to be relegated - the owner is bonkers and they've broken PSR rules, but that wont have resulted in secret meeting where they've decided to screw them over.

They've just had some rotten luck

• Like 1

Only the third is stonewall. That statement is crazy. Like for the second one, what could Young even do at that distance? Unless you have your hands way out from your body those should never be given imo

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Third one is about as clear as a penalty gets, unbelievable. The first one is 50/50, I wouldn't have given the handball one.

As always it's subjective so they need to release the audio so we get to hear the reasoning. 

3rd the ref indicates Ash got the ball where evidence shows he did not.  So VAR should be telling the ref he was wrong and sent to the screen.  That was when Forest were 1 down.  

It's dodgy as they asked for Atwell to be changed before the game so they are bound to feel aggrieved.

Stick me on VAR for drawing the lines on that Cov winner yesterday and I would have shown him onside for sure!   That's the argument should be no bias at any level no matter who is playing.

It stinks.

• Like 2

I think it's fair to say that penalties have been given this season for similar incidents that were far less clear in all three flashpoints.

I get why they're annoyed. It's about consistency, and there are regular complaints on here about some teams getting favourable decisions more frequently. VAR would have given all 3 of those to Liverpool, for example.

Statement was beyond stupid though. FA will make an example of them as they're not a sky 6 club.

Think they went the wrong way about this, perhaps a cooler head could have constructed a better statement. But I must say, fair play to them for pointing out what they believe are errors. Team should not be afraid to point out the incompetence and perhaps bias on PGMOL, and I think they had a case yesterday.

• Like 1

VAR was put in place to intervene with clear and obvious errors. Not a toenail that is in an offside position.

They are ruining magic moments.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I can understand their frustration, they've had a lot of decisions go against them this season, but I'm not sure what the tweet achieves.

Probably that we are all talking about it.

It achieves nothing. I think the handball was a penalty as his arm was away from his body and they have been given all season. First one wouid have been soft, third one clear.

8 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Probably that we are all talking about it.

We'll all be talking about the big fine they get too.

I suppose no one's house has burned down yet, so that's progress I guess.

• Like 1

Respectfully, I think whether we think the incidents are penalties or not isn't the issue. Or shall we say, it's half the issue. Forest have not accused the refs of 'just' getting the decisions wrong. I think we all agree that the standard of refereeing has been totally unacceptable for a lot of years now. They have accused a ref of being biased and what amounts to match-fixing. The statement also by extension accuses the league and the PGMOL of being complicit in it.

It's like our situation in the cup final against Man United in the cup final where we all looked at the ref that day and knew he had history of giving Man United some fairly contentious decisions previously. It's fine for fans to say these things, but for clubs to do it? They need to produce the evidence. If they think the VAR is a Luton fan then they need to produce the evidence of that. If he is, then I think you can definitely argue conflict of interest.

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

The first one shouldn't be a penalty, the player has decided to fall over at a touch, but would have been given in many a match unfortunately.

The second is a 50/50 one that mainly is down to the complete mess we've made of the handball rule. I personally don't think that should be a handball but if that's Liverpool or Manchester United and not Forest you'd not be shocked to see it given sadly. 

The third one is a joke. Blatant pen.

The handball was given in the Man U game against Man U. 

Was less of a penalty in this game, ball to hand all day long.

9 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I thought all 3 were 50/50 calls . I was expecting them to be more obvious. 

The problem is.

All 3 of those 50/50 calls would have been given at Anfield or Old Trafford.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

The problem is.

All 3 of those 50/50 calls would have been given at Anfield or Old Trafford.

that is the problem, we all know they 100% would.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I can understand their frustration, they've had a lot of decisions go against them this season, but I'm not sure what the tweet achieves.

Might think the ref will favour them in the next game

*checks opponent*

Wouldn't have bothered now

44 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We'll all be talking about the big fine they get too.

I suppose no one's house has burned down yet, so that's progress I guess.

They have a right to feel aggrieved: but many teams have been failed by the lack of consistency in such decision making. Yes, the stakes are much higher: they also brought it upon themselves by willing breaking spending rules. It was an embarrassing tweet that makes me less sympathetic. I’m not sure what they hope to achieve. It’s going to land them with a fine and probably do more to harm their perception consciously or not against officials. Now, every decision they perceive as wrong. The officials will worry they will tweet about it. Totally avoidable. Should have put their complaints in writing without this stupid Twitter statement. 

Â