Nottingham Forest

Demitri_C

If you excuse Johnson, they’ve only had about £20-30m in sales since they came up and spent £250m. The excuse to hold out for more money for Johnson simply doesn’t wash. I'm glad that was dismissed. But the punishment is far too light still. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

If you excuse Johnson, they’ve only had about £20-30m in sales since they came up and spent £250m. The excuse to hold out for more money for Johnson simply doesn’t wash. I'm glad that was dismissed. But the punishment is far too light still. 

How much did they exceed PSR by?

20 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The rules are daft if you have a window to buy and sell players then surely the window for showing your PSR figures should be at the end of any transfer window.  June 30th seems wrong to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Right then. NSWE to blow 750 million this summer, we win the league with 107 points, take the 6 points, result?

You joking, but Newcastle Saudi owners could actually afford that without even noticing 😊

Don't give them any ideas..

4 points is hardly worth bothering with really… if it was (for example) Fulham they’d be 13th instead of 12th or Liverpool would be 3rd instead of 2nd. I therefore feel we should spend like hell and then just shrug off the inevitable 6 point deduction. 😂 

44 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

The rules are daft if you have a window to buy and sell players then surely the window for showing your PSR figures should be at the end of any transfer window.  June 30th seems wrong to me.

But then it wouldn't include the previous summer. You have to put the start point somewhere, and it shouldn't include two summer windows in one year. 

Supposedly an appeal wouldn't be settled until after the season ends.

So they could potentially be relegated, but then win an appeal and stay up.

(Or vice versa I guess if it got increased)

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Mitigation is presumably the Johnson sale point. 

Ah yes, that's probably it. 

So they got the same 6 points as Everton, but had the mitigating factor reducing it by 2.

Comment from my Forest supporting mate: 

Not a bad result for us tbf, expected worse as we’re guilty as sin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, the precedent is set, let’s break the **** bank and take the 6 points on the chin next year. We’ll still have Mbappe and Haaland the year after, when we can really challenge 

24 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Ah yes, that's probably it. 

So they got the same 6 points as Everton, but had the mitigating factor reducing it by 2.

Everton got 10 then had it reduced to 6 on appeal.

A lot is going to depend on what happens with Everton's other charge this week.

Forest should have a bigger punishment than Everton tbh. 

They well overspent as soon as they came up it was blatant and flagrant. 

Everton just had a unsustainable  model and recruited poorly. 

I would be Seething if I was Everton at this news. 

• Like 2

Reading Forests statement I agree with pretty much everything that say on PSR. The rules are absurd. The cut off date being before the end of the window is ridiculous and just means clubs have to choose between getting less money now or breaching the rules to get more value later. That can’t be in the spirit of the rules.

It’s also unarguable that these rules are harming mobility within the football pyramid.

That being said, 4 points seems a fair reflection and does take into account their mitigating circumstances around Brennan Johnson. They’ll moan and appeal because it’s risk free to them as the appeals panel won’t increase the deduction for a frivolous appeal so in that way you the statement about how they feel “disappointed and dismayed” is largely for show. They would have thought given what happened to Everton this would be the outcome (4-6 points) and I’d think they fancy their chances of getting 1 point more than Luton over the next 10 games.

• Like 1

Â