Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Arsenal

limpid

Match Polls  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/03/22 at 00:00

Could play another half right now and we wouldn’t have an attempt on goal. Sick of seeing us crossing balls into their defence. Ollie should have been taken off after 60 mins he was appalling. Mcginn should have been hooked. Looked slightly better when we had the directness of traore, slightly. That was shocking 

• Like 2

Impressive that we held them to one lucky goal given how piss poor we were for 90% of the game. Felt like we could’ve stolen a point but oh well. Still don’t understand why Chambers was benched, or Ings and Buendia was brought in. Or why Sanson will never be given an opportunity with Ramsey struggling for form.

Anyways, on to mimosas and F1 qualifying!

• Like 2

Players need to have a good look at themselves and should be made to watch the replay a dozen times until they feel as sick as we all do 

Poor performance from well paid men with a job to do, cant be bothered to vote MOTM If I could my vote would go to every fan who went. We honestly should be doing better now 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

We're in a weird position at the minute. We have a squad with a lot of attacking talent, but playing a system that is clearly not clicking with them at the minute. Arsenal are proof that some times things do take time, plenty of Arsenal fans wanted him sacked last season but they've been excellent this season and were excellent again today. So, do we remain patient and hope to emulate what Arsenal have done? Or try and change the system? 

Artetta promoted his youth players. Something Stevie G didn't do at Rangers and looks unlikely to do it here.

• Confused 1

Didn't see the first half do don't want to pass too much judgement. Reports did not look good though.

I'm actually not sure why SG changed the system, ironically, the 4 - 3 - 1 - 2 probably would have suited this game much more.

Ings is simply a better all round footballer than the likes of Ollie.

Arsenal have been in brilliant form so I wasn't really expecting anything. Except a good performance.

For some reason, we are always shite in early day time games as well it seems.

SG might have to face up to binning his " preferred " system u til we have better players.

Ramsey looked terrible from what I saw as well.

If I was Sanson I'd be fuming. At minimum, he shows much better control of the ball and composure.

Was Bailey playing central? That's also kind of a waste in this type of game.

Being " Outmuscled " and " outworked " by an Arsenal team is something I never thought I'd ever see,  outplayed yes, but out hustled?

Best delivery of the game, seemed to be th last kick of the game.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

last week was pathetic. today not much better. sometimes you get beaten fair and square by better teams, but today and last week there was a real attitude problem in the team, just total lack of effort. the midfield was poor again. sanson and chuk need to start getting some minutes. playing underperforming luiz and ramsey is sending a shocking message

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Impressive that we held them to one lucky goal given how piss poor we were for 90% of the game. Felt like we could’ve stolen a point but oh well. Still don’t understand why Chambers was benched, or Ings and Buendia was brought in. Or why Sanson will never be given an opportunity with Ramsey struggling for form.

Anyways, on to mimosas and F1 qualifying!

England vs W Indies for me!

• Thanks 1

Â