Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Arsenal

limpid

Match Polls  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/03/22 at 00:00

Arsenal are a better team than us and it showed. Disappointing we couldn't take the game by the scruff of the neck a bit more, some players seem to be on the beach. 

A typical 'mid table' performance as we get towards the end of the season. We're not used to them as we haven't been a mid table team in over a decade.

Work to do in the summer. 

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

What did you expect? 

Not much. He will be binned in the summer. On the stream I watched, he headed the ball over the bar from a cross and the camera panned to Gerrard who you could see was calling him a useless clearing in the woods. 

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Yeah - our one shot on target should really have silenced the doubters.🙂

Its a bit inconsistent at the minute but he's only been here 4 months. 

I'll judge him properly next season. At the minute there are good points and bad points but too early for me to make a decision on him. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

I see the knee jerk reactions have begun again. 

Yep, we need to understand where we are and what we can realistically achieve this season and accept the fact that we will lose to better teams. 

We should just relax and try to enjoy the run up, win lose or draw.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thug said:

Guys, they’re a very good team. Chill.

Didn't think Arsenal played like world beaters. We were really poor.  With the individuals we have, it perplexes me how we can't pass out of the back or get a shot on target. That is on the coaching staff.

Poor, lethargic performance. Arsenal were decent in the first half but looked an average side in the second. I didn’t think our second half was much better. 

Dire lack of urgency in the final 15 minutes as well. Midfield were dominated and poor again but that has happened quite often this season. 

Bit of a nothing performance, just like against West Ham. But this time we created nothing.

Wouldn't say we are nearly there because I feel we are a fair bit off where we are aiming. Long way to go. Jury still out on Gerrard for me but he's still learning so hopefully he's not too set in his ideas.

• Like 1

Never been so bored watching that today, sick of seeing McGinn slow it up always turning it back onto his left foot, we need width buendia and coutinho could have held hands the amount of times they was next to each other

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Yep, we need to understand where we are and what we can realistically achieve this season and accept the fact that we will lose to better teams. 

We should just relax and try to enjoy the run up, win lose or draw.

Good luck with that ;)

• Like 1

If you look on individual player threads on this forum you'd think we had a great team how much people rate our players as individuals, but truth be told our team just isn't that great, a lot of them overrated, too many midtable level players. At least these results are exposing the team for what it is and letting the club know what needs to be done in the summer.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Thug said:

Guys, they’re a very good team. Chill.

It's the performance. To go along with Watford Newcastle and some other truly abject showings.

That's 3 games we've lost. 270 minutes of football without creating a half chance.

• Like 1

We looked flatter than a pancake. Dont undertaand when we know arsenaks defence is quite shakey we are not putting pressure on them?

Last seazon we battered these lot this year we have played pants both games . A very comfortable victory for them which is the most disappointing thing.

Â