Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Arsenal

limpid

Match Polls  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/03/22 at 00:00

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

It's the performance. To go along with Watford Newcastle and some other truly abject showings.

That's 3 games we've lost. 270 minutes of football without creating a half chance.

Yet in the other 3 games, we won, and looked very good and full of attacking intent. So inconsistent at the minute, its frustrating. 

18 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Yep, we need to understand where we are and what we can realistically achieve this season and accept the fact that we will lose to better teams. 

We should just relax and try to enjoy the run up, win lose or draw.

we're not norwich. with the money we've spent i'd expect us to show more than we have in these last 2 games

difficult to relax and just enjoy the season when we have a big summer ahead and we need to showcase that this is a team that a top player wants to play for

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Poor showing. Anyone who are organised defensively and set about pressing this team have an easy game. 

This. We’re so slow getting the ball up when we have space, and when a team presses we don’t seem to want to try those killer balls, we’re happy to just pass it in triangles at the back. Whether it’s players not busting a guy to create space or whether it’s just lack of confidence going for it - I’m not sure

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Starting formation wrong, improved with two wide attackers. A better half but we started far, far too slow and made it easy for Arsenal.

Laughable ref. No penalty was a disgrace.

We are in for a big summer as I don't see a few names being here - notably, Ollie, Luiz, and Traore.

Young went from one of the worst on the pitch to the better ones.

Felt Emi should have saved Saka's shot.

JJ very poor.

I agree, but they only leave when we find better players. That's the tricky part

• Like 1

Piss poor and frustrating. Never stood a chance. Players looked lethargic and second best the whole match. 
It seems to be one step forward, two steps backwards.

Edited by bose
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Xela said:

Good luck with that ;)

We're not going down. Looking like Coutinho will sign a permanent deal. An exciting summer transfer window awaits. Plans for a new North Stand, Las Vegas Villa, inner city academy, really promising youth players...I'm going to relax and try to enjoy it.

• Like 1

Poor today. Arsenal have made much more progress over the last season. They were easy meat for us last.

I have doubts about Gerrard. I struggle with all the hype about him. Great footballer but not proven as a coach.

Watkins worked hard but was poor with his final touch. McGinn has little bursts of activity but needs to shed a few pounds. Coutinho has had a few little cameos but is not a world beater at the moment.

The summer is going to be very important, and we'll need to have a good start next season. If not, the cult of Stevie G will fall apart

• Like 1

I’m not going to be too despondent about a 1-0 defeat to Arsenal. Unfortunately they’re some way ahead of us. I thought we could come away with a point, but the defeat doesn’t exactly shock me.

I feel the next match against Wolves is a better indicator of this manager and this squad. They’re about where I think the club is aiming to be, they’ve had a similar trajectory (albeit with higher league finishes), similar transitionary phase. 

I think they’re a better match up to gauge Villa’s current personnel.

• Like 1

All this tells me for all the money we have spent we are years away from competing.

Coutinho in all likelihood won't stay. Let's be honest he will have better options. Then you have the usual every summer of teams picking up any decent players. This summer it's Martinez and Ramsey.

Very shit first half, shit second half.

We gave up as soon as the game started.  We had no energy, no commitment, no fight, we were sloppy.  It was only going to be an Arsenal win.

Ollie…you were shit.  Coutinho not in the game, Buendia not influencing, I can keep going through the team but can’t be bothered.

Ref was shit.

At least I got home fairly quickly which makes a change.

Throughly peeved off.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

All this tells me for all the money we have spent we are years away from competing.

Coutinho in all likelihood won't stay. Let's be honest he will have better options. Then you have the usual every summer of teams picking up any decent players. This summer it's Martinez and Ramsey.

We've spent money but peanuts compared to the top teams. 

Coutinho staying, I feel, is dependant on who we sign and the 'project' that is sold to him. You've got to start somewhere and he could be it. Him signing could attract other players and we take it from there

Fuming after that. I put more effort in walking to the ground from my car. I hope to god the players who aren’t on international duty aren’t allowed any time off after that. Arsenal didn’t even need to be good to beat us. Absolutely nothing performance from us. 

1 minute ago, Paul33 said:

Somebody voted Coutinho as MOM ...... no, really they did 🤣 !!!

17 voted for Luiz, he literally did nothing in the 1st half, was slightly better 2nd half.

• Like 3

Â