Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Arsenal

limpid

Match Polls  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/03/22 at 00:00

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I know you do.

but the problem is, it won't go away.......and no manager can make it go away.

I knew it would eventually cost Dean Smith his job....and I still think ultimately it did....and Unchecked, it will cost Steven Gerrard his job.

SG at least has time to fix it.

Trouble is, its like a hole in a sock, it's just got bigger and spread....now its like this is who we are.

I am not able to give excuses for Watkins, because another striker with fire in his belly, would have given at lease one of them a hard time.....White, was as comfortable as sitting on a gondola in venice, being serenaded......Ollie never went near him or Gabriel, he just accepted too easily a bad day for the team.

As for the wingers point you made, i think we did look very slightly better when Bailey came on although of course Buendia was sacrificed at that point so unsure how that would or could have worked with 2 x 10's? (Not so sure about Traore although he did get the chance to score but his header was woeful and he is so hit & miss regardless) So it's all a bit like having the pieces from two or three jigsaws and trying to force them together at the mo. Of course we need to give SG time to sort this which will not be possible until summer. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

Saka could have avoided that.......Mings was committed.

The refereeing was poor at best.

Saka is a joke with his constant diving & rolling around. Ref was as is normal against a scummy 6 team... totally biased to the point of being corrupt. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

As for the wingers point you made, i think we did look very slightly better when Bailey came on although of course Buendia was sacrificed at that point so unsure how that would or could have worked with 2 x 10's? (Not so sure about Traore although he did get the chance to score but his header was woeful and he is so hit & miss regardless) So it's all a bit like having the pieces from two or three jigsaws and trying to force them together at the mo. Of course we need to give SG time to sort this which will not be possible until summer. 

We was very slightly better, but would 90 minutes of him made the difference?

I saw how easily, he was closed down, negated.......and in contrast Saka had the space he wanted to threaten.

Now its either their defenders are better than ours.......or Saka is better than Bailey.

a bit of both, I suspect.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Wow.................If anything, I though we was lacking in aggression.

Saka is a great player.....but was playing the diva on Saturday.

I also thought, he could have avoided that challenge from Mings......Mings got to the ball first, and couldn't alter his path.....Saka engineered that IMO.

Similarities to the non penalty decision in the Forrest vs Liverpool game last night , funny how the badge influences decision .

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Similarities to the non penalty decision in the Forrest vs Liverpool game last night , funny how the badge influences decision .

Funny, also how the benchmark for the Jimenez challenge on Meslier or clash which ever you fancy, resulted in Jimenz getting the yellow, because Meslier got to the ball first.

How was that precedent lost on Mings.

Saka, could so easily have been booked, because he could have pulled out.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Funny, also how the benchmark for the Jimenz challenge on Meslier or clash which ever you fancy, resulted in Jimenz getting the yellow, because Meslier got to the ball first.

How was that precedent lost on Mings.

Saka, could so easily have been booked, because he could have pulled out.

Remember when this incident resulted in a yellow card and penalty against Konsa?

5807D6DA-4C61-48FC-9FB0-658CCA6D5E3F.thumb.jpeg.16b6eaa7465d9999a7b895a5a646042a.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Remember when this incident resulted in a yellow card and penalty against Konsa?

5807D6DA-4C61-48FC-9FB0-658CCA6D5E3F.thumb.jpeg.16b6eaa7465d9999a7b895a5a646042a.jpeg

One of the worst calls of all time.....should be showcased on the wall at stockley park.

• Like 3

On 21/03/2022 at 11:20, TRO said:

I thought we had spirit against Southampton by why the sudden change, in mentality and intensity.....if they can do it in one game, why not more.

Arsenal had an arduous game in mid week, but they "looked up for it" more than we did......we just stood off.

Yep. Gerrard alluded to that in his interview. They are technically better than us and the players gave them too much respect

On 20/03/2022 at 14:58, VillaChris said:

Buendia's pressing stats were off the scale at Norwich weren't they?

Coutinho can track back but that's not why we've signed him, it's for bits of magic in final third which he's shown over last month. Also had our only serious shot on target yesterday right at the end, he hits it top corner and again it's him impacting massively on the game.

Andy Cole used to score bags of goals let's sign him...

Yeah, I don't care what his stats were at Norwich, in his current season at Villa his pressing has been poor and his tackling success even worse.

We can afford 1 passenger in some games, but never 2.  And both were passengers against Arsenal for large portions of the game.

On 26/03/2022 at 00:59, flashingqwerty said:

Andy Cole used to score bags of goals let's sign him...

Yeah, I don't care what his stats were at Norwich, in his current season at Villa his pressing has been poor and his tackling success even worse.

We can afford 1 passenger in some games, but never 2.  And both were passengers against Arsenal for large portions of the game.

We can’t afford any passengers, we need 11 players to be 100% at it for 90 minutes. We also now have a strong bench which can change a game in need be. It’s a squad game these days, I trust Gerrard to get that blend, it won’t happen straight away, it will need time. He has made a great start

• Haha 1

Â