Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Southampton

limpid

Match Polls  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Referee's performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/22 at 00:00

Great to see us create some big chances today. Probably could have had more but can’t complain with four. 

Watkins and Ings looked very sharp. They couldn’t cope with them and Coutinho in behind.

52 minutes ago, OhioVilla said:

Chambers looks like a brilliant bit of business. Hes mobile, he's smart and he's got the ability to pick a pass.

I can’t believe we got him for free. I thought he was a decent back up but he’s pushing Konsa for a starting place.

1 hour ago, OhioVilla said:

Chambers looks like a brilliant bit of business. Hes mobile, he's smart and he's got the ability to pick a pass.

What he does well is, he’ll stride out from the back and foul an opposition player and it’ll stop an attack. What they call a clever foul I suppose. I’ve noticed it a few times. 

On a free, it’s a terrific bit of business.

• Like 2

Lovely for Coutinho to score in a win this time (as his two previous goals were in draws). I'm so pleased for Luiz to score again at last. And happy for Ings to score again and Olly in back to back games. What a day ! 🙂

• Like 3

Great change of tactics. We were all getting frustrated with the ball ending up in congested spaces in attack against Watford and Newcastle.

Now with Coutinho at the tip of the diamond rather than left attacking midfield he has the whole of the pitch to see and to pick out his passes. He is brilliant at late runs into the box as well. 

Will not work all the time but we absolutely **** with Ralphs set up today . He could do nothing about it at all.  

Philippe Coutinho a £140m player plays for Aston Villa

I still can’t get my head around it. 

Worth the enterance fee for the first goal alone. Beautiful pass and Ollie's turn was like a ballerina move. 

Midfield huffed and puffed and nearly convinced but even though we won so handsomely they still seemed a bit disjointed . McGinn, Ramsey and Doug all losing possession and miss hitting passes . 

Defence was solid , Young was great, Ming's solid, Chambers .....what a bargain he's turning into. Cash, he was fantastic today for me , ran end to end, decent in possession and fantastic out of possession, my motm.

Ollie, Ings and Coutinho..... unplayable at times, created loads of chances. If they could be more clinical then we may hit double figures in a single game!

Well done Stevie and UTV, have a great Saturday evening all , I will. 😀 

Edited by tinker

Â