Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Southampton

limpid

Match Polls  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Referee's performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/22 at 00:00

Southampton forgot to have their 70th minute timeout and got obliterated.

Phillipe Coutinho is still a 130m player. Chambers did very well and Ollie has.got his mojo back.

Well done Gerrard brilliant game plan and result. 

• Like 3

Great win and our football in the first half especially was lovely. Some cracking goals today.

I was expecting Southampton's team of brilliant individuals who are supposedly all better than ours (according to a couple of their fans) to outclass us, how disappointed I was. Take that suckers. 

They've punched above their weight this season and we've underperformed, so hopefully we now go and do the right thing and finish above them.

Edited by VillaFaninLondon

Gerrard's finally worked out how to get Watkins and Ings working together.

Thought the whole starting XI had strong games, and all the subs looked fine when they came on.

But the obvious MOTM was Coutinho, really one of the best performances I've seen from a Villa player in a long time.

Swashbuckling Villa is the best Villa.

Really pleased that Chambers stepped up.

Watkins goal was superior. He's back.

Little Pip running the show. 

This literally could've been 10-0.

• Like 3

At home with Covid, maybe I shouldn’t go more often…! 

Gutted to miss it on a personal level but what an incredible afternoon for those at VP! Coutinho MOTM but everybody was a 7 or better. Great to dismantle a good team!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

OMG, just saw the score after work!!!!! YES!!!! 

Scintillating attacking display at times.

Really could have been 7 plus.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

spacer.png

Was not expecting that. Very pleased that we have turned a corner with this manager/squad. Just need to keep up this work rate a bit more often. Don’t mind losing, it’s the nature of the performances during the recent losing streak that wound me up so this was brilliant to see today. Not going to get too excited as it’s Villa but fingers crossed this run continues and I’ll be more than happy to eat my words come the end of the season. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

Could have been much more than 4-0. Coutinho on another day would have had a hat trick. Great performance from the team and we're suddenly finding some form. Leeds will be an interesting game. 

Â