Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Southampton

limpid

Match Polls  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Referee's performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/22 at 00:00

The fact we have a buy option at €33m for Coutinho is looking bloody lovely right now.

closer to Europe than relegation is what two wins has done for us. Without it we were only a few points off it.

• Like 1

Thought we’d grind out a draw at best. We looked real quality. No complaints going forwards.

Might start that Chambers kid up front next week if it were me - looking like a class attacking player…

We were lucky to keep a clean sheet I thought. But any more than 4-1 would have flattered Southampton. Onwards and upwards - love to see him tweaking the side to figure out what works.

• Like 1

Woo hoo I say Woo hoo!

but for Fraser’s right foot would have been 6-0.

loved the team understanding when those fast passes were coming through and someone would let them go right through to the 2nd person just sending the South Hampton defense into disarray .

gave the match to Coutinho but have to say I love a good McGinn butt block to forward dribble. Special mention to McGinn’s butt the 12th man.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

We had 38 percent possession. Once again, we look so much better when we sit back and hit on the break.

Agreed...

Thinking about it, two players who were relatively quiet today were McGinn and Ramsey...hard to play a possession game when your midfield isn't dominant. But on a day like today, who needs a midfield...

• Like 2

Â