• Ings
    • Coutinho
    • Sanson (sub)
    • Young (sub)
    • Iroegbanum (sub)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/03/22 at 23:59

Good enough, especially given our form, moved the ball around well enough in our own half, not so good in theirs, I thought apart from mac allister blazing over the bar they never looked like scoring 

Hated Brighton, maupay and trossard were full of sly nudges and kicks but their defence threw themselves to the ground at every opportunity, cucurella was an embarrassment 

• Like 2

Big win. The teams been massively criticised but showed a lot of improvement today.

Defensively looked excellent.  Much improved performance from cash. Was my motm. Mings was superb as well.

Watkins looked a hell of a lot better and looked like the ollie we love. 

Only player who was poor was luiz. Should be dropped next week i think.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We played 180 mins against xGraham Potter's side, and I'm certain if we played another 180 they wouldn't score.

Honestly think we got them on xG as well. Steven has Potter's side figured out the same way Dean used to do Bruce. It's nice when you have 6 points you can count on every season. 

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Big win. The teams been massively criticised but showed a lot of improvement today.

Defensively looked excellent.  Much improved performance from cash. Was my motm. Mings was superb as well.

Watkins looked a hell of a lot better and looked like the ollie we love. 

Only player who was poor was luiz. Should be dropped next week i think.

He even celebrated with other players ;)

• Haha 4

That ref was utterly out of his depth today.

Luiz, Emi, and Mings booked for off the ball stuff.

Brighton should have been down to at least 10.

How did Veltman get booked for hacking down Coutinho but not get a second booking for dissent when smacking the ball away.

Craven to book Cash's celebration too.

We'll have much better challenges than Brighton, however it's the type of game and opponent we needed at this time.

A decent performance overall in the end ( Not good or great IMO - a level under good? ) and hopefully the win gives them the confidence to push on now..

3 points off 10th with a game in hand.

Would be great if we could reel in Southampton in 9th place with a win there also.

Sanson is a very good player, it's bizarre that he doesn't get more chances.

Pleased for Ollie, seemed to be pointing at the badge in celebrations when he scored.

I'm hoping Buendia was just a precaution.

Either way, job done.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

I'll take the scoreline.

Maybe we've had some bad luck recently. We hit Leeds, Newcastle, and Watford on their good weeks. It was nice to hit Brighton on their bad stretch.

I'm still worried about our ability to break down teams. We had one brilliant moment from Cash not because he was played in, but after a loose ball. And while Watkins showed great composure, he had the chance because Veltman made a bad mistake. A thought: Are we better off playing as a counter-attacking team? Brighton had more possession, but we won.

The entire front line was invisible the first half. Mings was immense. Tim had a nice 5 minutes. Sanson looked pretty good.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hope those hammering him pre game for his team selection can now acknowledge he got it right.

I'd be amongst them. The selection was questionable. But all of my issues have stemmed from the random fullbacks as wide forwards and CMs as full backs, we didn't do that, and it worked. I'm delighted he isn't as stubborn as I'd feared. 

• Like 2

Strange start to the game where both sides looked devoid of confidence. It then got a little feisty, we scored and the ref lost control.

Second half we were ok and scored again. In truth, Brighton didn’t really lay a glove on us and I can’t remember Martinez having a lot to do. 

Positives: Two goals scored and a clean sheet. Hopefully no injuries and no one sent off. McGinn MOTM. 

Much better, but not great by any stretch.

Professionally done, and a good win.

Im really not sure what Digne offers above Targett.  Needs to improve significantly.

I know you can’t judge players on a single game, but if we’re paying over £30m for any Brighton player, it’s not Bissouma - it’s Lamptey.

Gave my MOTM to Mings for the assist and generally not putting a foot wrong.

Dougie needs a rest for Sanson.

Edited by Thug
  • Like 1

I wasn't sure when I saw the team line up but that was a decent three points, good finishes from Cash and Ollie.

Ref had a shocker especially in the first half, he seemed to lose control of the game and started dishing out yellows depending on how loud the scream was rather than for bad fouls.

Â