Pre match thread

mottaloo

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Im a Gerrard supporter but giving the big mr bollocks your going to drop players then makes one change seems silly and ridiculous. 

He is opening himself self to huge criticism if we lose today or wven fail to win.

Also kind of making it look like Watkins was responsible for last week by only dropping him. Sanson should be starting simple as that

He shouldn't have give it the Billy big bollocks. Pick the best 11 to win the game.

Great soundbite last weekend - perhaps he needs to respond in a more measured sense in future.

All part of the learning to be a PL head coach.

2 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

2 managers clearly dont fancy him, including the one who bought him, although I'm not sure he's been too poor under Gerrard. He may be a poor trainer for all we know

It must be something like that, because he's looked pretty decent when he's made a rare appearance. Today settles it though, if he can't get in today after that shit show, he never will. Big call from Gerrard, it had better be the right one.

Just now, pregra said:

Horrible lineup, as expected unfortunately. Have a feeling Dennis and Sarr will run the show. 

Horrible is a stretch! 

Apart from Konsa being suspended and Watkins omitted, on paper what stronger line up do we have available?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Sanson probably isn’t good enough. 

He’s certainly been good enough in the limited time I’ve seen him on the pitch. Our midfield has been horrible this season on the whole so it’s ridiculous he can’t get a look in.

• Like 1

I look at our midfield three and think to myself, that’s not good enough. I then look at the options to replace them and think to myself, they’re not good enough either! Caught between a rock and a hard place. Sanson is obviously not good enough and the youngsters aren’t ready yet. Gerrard had very little choice to be fair.

He was clearly angry after the game, who hasn’t said things they wished they hadn’t when they were wound up. After calming down and analysing the game he has clearly had a re-think. Also we have no idea how the players have reacted in training.

• Like 1

Sanson deserves a shot. He hasnt been bad when used, I'd understand if he'd been poor and was just another case of fans thinking players get better when they aren't playing... but he hasn't been bad when called upon the last few appearances, took one or two for the rust to wear off but he's been fine otherwise. 

It bugs me that Gerrard seems to think we're doing well in midfield

• Like 1