Pre match thread

mottaloo

Maybe the changes he's made is that before McGinn and Luiz go out of the dressing room, Gerrard gives them both a dead arm, and he used not do that.

He has my backing in that case

Edited by YLN

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I meant no need for my Illuminati talk. But I do think he’s being portrayed in the local press as someone who’s being unfairly treated.

ok sorry I misunderstood, fair I’m not sure about unfairly treated as you’re right we don’t see training. It is disappointing when players don’t get a chance even in rotation though.

• Like 1

Ings for Watkins is a no brainer. Would definitely have replaced McGinn.

The slumping in his seat when there were minutes left looked bad. Talk of major changes afterwards which have not happened is also poor.

Could it be that this job is more difficult than he anticipated.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, MCU said:

Absolutley.

Today has marked my first questioning of Gerrard. Don't give it the big 'un in your post-match interview saying there's going to be changes and only take out Watkins. Talk about hitting a man while he's down.

Eric Black did the same thing when we got relegated, great interviews yet started Lescott, Richards, Bacuna and a few more every week

35 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Not my eye test. I think he’s been quite poor when he’s played. Decent against Chelsea but not against Man U.

Yes but McGinn was poor vs Leeds and Newcastle. A huge difference in opposition 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Eric Black did the same thing when we got relegated, great interviews yet started Lescott, Richards, Bacuna and a few more every week

Sends shivers down your spine just the thought of those names, dark days indeed. Maybe puts some perspective on our current issues.

• Like 3