Pre match thread

mottaloo

Sanson not starting today means he's not gonna get a look in here. Which is a shame as I like what I've seen from him. Think we'll regret letting him go in a couple of years but if he isn't going to get a chance after that last performance it's just not gonna happen. 

Im a Gerrard supporter but giving the big mr bollocks your going to drop players then makes one change seems silly and ridiculous. 

He is opening himself self to huge criticism if we lose today or wven fail to win.

Also kind of making it look like Watkins was responsible for last week by only dropping him. Sanson should be starting simple as that

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Definitely a knee jerk reaction coming out and saying changes will be made. To not then back it up is poor management in my view. Hardly making an example to the players is it?

To be honest - making the public statement was a mistake. If he then drops a whole load of players - he's blaming them. And that burns his bridges with said players.

I think all this talk of making examples of players etc doesn't have much substance. Sure it sounds great. But he should pick the 11 he thinks can win the game - based on pitch performances and what he sees in training.

• Like 1

Well after all the talk of changes that was somewhat underwhelming 

maybe once we have a couple more points on the board he will start to experiment a little 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Im a Gerrard supporter but giving the big mr bollocks your going to drop players then makes one change seems silly and ridiculous. 

He is opening himself self to huge criticism if we lose today or wven fail to win.

Also kind of making it look like Watkins was responsible for last week by only dropping him. Sanson should be starting simple as that

Absolutley.

Today has marked my first questioning of Gerrard. Don't give it the big 'un in your post-match interview saying there's going to be changes and only take out Watkins. Talk about hitting a man while he's down.