Pre match thread

mottaloo

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

Coutinho will be looking out of the window this morning saying ‘Not long ago I was playing for Barca against Athletico in the Spanish sunshine. Now I’m in Birmingham playing Watford, and it’s 2 degrees with horizontal driving rain. ****.’

More likely he will saying ‘Not long ago I was sitting on the bench of a basket case club with people saying I was an expensive flop, which led to me losing my place in the national team. 

Now I’m scoring goals in the best league in the world and the fans adore me. Oh and my World Cup dream is back on track’

😘

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

For God sake, it gets worse. 

Fairly certain Watford will score today at some stage. Not just because it's us but law of averages and all that.

Pretty poor show though if we're not confident of scoring at least twice though. We scored 3 in our last home game and didn't even play that well for over an hour of that.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

Fairly certain Watford will score today at some stage. Not just because it's us but law of averages and all that.

Pretty poor show though if we're not confident of scoring at least twice though. We scored 3 in our last home game and didn't even play that well for over an hour of that.

We always score Chris, our inconsistency is the key, weird that we could smash these easy and we're still unsure really of how this will pan out. Our fanbase never give the opposition and credit though, apart from citeh plopp and chelsea, we're all as good as each other any given day, I'd probably add ManU to the other three too though as they always start with 12 men.

Todays game will be a good tell for SG's quality, if we can see a difference in our performance and we put these away it bodes well, if we are weak and heads down I'm afraid we are in for much of the same as Deano, just up and down without reason, poor consistency etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

If we don't win this, the forum will be in all time meltdown. 

I don't care if we play really well.

Crap performance and a win won't lift my belief in the manager.

Edited by Tomaszk

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

If we don't win this, the forum will be in all time meltdown. 

There’s been much bigger, much more whiny meltdowns than this skepticism of Gerrard.

And I say this as both a fan of Gerrard and the former head coach.

• Like 1

Woke up with a feeling McGinn might get dropped for Sanson/Chukwumeka, but reading Gerrard's comments about one or two getting a second chance has made me re-think.

Gerrard said there will be changes - I can't see Coutinho or Buendia being dropped, Digne is unlikely to come out as we have no obvious replacement and he's only 3 games in, Ramsey hasn't done a lot wrong so wouldn't deserve dropping, Martinez is undroppable, and I don't see Gerrard dropping Mings just yet. Chambers had only had 1 game, so I can only see Ings for Watkins, Luiz for Iroegbunam or Young for Cash

Just now, Rodders said:

one change :D:D:D :D 

so he's a liar then. final chance for some of the incompetents in the midfield. Anything less than a win here would be a disgrace. 

Definitely a knee jerk reaction coming out and saying changes will be made. To not then back it up is poor management in my view. Hardly making an example to the players is it?

• Like 1