Pre match thread

mottaloo

I love the attacking style we're developing lately & should.........should help ourselves to 2,3 or possibly more against this woeful, now deeney-less side.

I just still get the jitters with our defence and dread if they score first and decide to sit back or flood the midfiled and thug it out.

Sod it......3-0 to us......Coutinho (2) & Ings.

They're nailed on to score against us and Watford do seem to perform against us whenever we play them. Will need to outscore them to win the game. The question is whether we can do that or not. If we go behind early then the atmosphere could get quite tense and fans frustrated, which i hope won't further compound any issues on the pitch. We could really use the 3 points in this one. The game after against Brighton at the Amex, their team will be right up for it after their 2-0 defeat in Gerrards first game.

• Haha 1

Probably easier who say who should keep their place after the Newcastle disaster. I think I’d start the same back 5 and beyond that only Couthino is guaranteed a start. Maybe JJ! 

Emi

Cash Chambers Mings Digne

? ? ? 
Couthino ?

17 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

If we don't win this one then maybe we should do what Watford normally do and fire our second manager of the season even if it is a ridiculous strategy.

Clearly works for them !!

4 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Anything other than a comfortable win for us and I hope there are very loud boos at full time. Gerrard has to know results and performances are not up to scratch.

We are a miles better team than Watford on paper.

Yeah booing is really going to help, the 12th man doing it’s job with maximum effect. It’s only a guess but I reckon Gerrard might have sussed that results and performances are not up to scratch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smg said:

Yeah booing is really going to help, the 12th man doing it’s job with maximum effect. It’s only a guess but I reckon Gerrard might have sussed that results and performances are not up to scratch.

What a petty retort, though what I've come to expect from you.

I'll be fuming if our fans clap or cheer a poor draw against one of the worst teams in the league, or heaven forbid a defeat. 

The players played like they didn't care against Newcastle with their lazy efforts, and the manager not doing anything on the sidelines until the 72nd minute, maybe some booing might actually show them the fans are far from happy with this shite.

I think SG is going to ring the changes for this one. He was fuming during and after the game and he will have made that known to the players. I think he will go with this:

Emi

Cash Chambers Mings Digne

JJ Tim Sanson

Buendia Couthino

Ings

I wouldn’t be surprised if he dropped Buendia for Bailey but I think he’ll know he’s lacking fitness to last 70+ mins. 

8 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Martinez

Cash            Hause              Mings           Digne

Chambers

Sanson                 Ramsey

Buendia                               Countinho

Ings

Watkins and McGinn must be dropped

I came to post something similar.  Maybe even Iroegbunam in place of Chambers though.

Possibly Luiz where you've got Sanson too as he's much better in that role although I'd like to get a look at Morgan too.  

He mentioned changes will be made. The most obvious one is Ings  for watkins but then it becomes more difficult.   There has to be a change in the midfield.  Sanson for  either Luiz or McGinn.  Hope he is not considering dropping Buendia!

19 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

They're nailed on to score against us and Watford do seem to perform against us whenever we play them. Will need to outscore them to win the game. The question is whether we can do that or not. If we go behind early then the atmosphere could get quite tense and fans frustrated, which i hope won't further compound any issues on the pitch. We could really use the 3 points in this one. The game after against Brighton at the Amex, their team will be right up for it after their 2-0 defeat in Gerrards first game.

Why are they nailed on to score against us? They haven't scored in their last 4 games.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1