Ratings & Reactions: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/02/22 at 23:59

We can all blamed the ref as much as we like, he was poor for sure., but we were just out muscled for most of the game. I said it when he managed Bournemouth, Howe sets out his sides to be physically intimidating. They are happy to commit fouls and slow play down and we just fell straight into that trap. The problem is our midfield. They fail to protect the back four and offer little going forward. They were pressed far too much and folded time after time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

just start accepting that we'll get a couple of results that go against expectations and it really becomes less frustrating.

It's not the expectation that frustrates me, it's our inability to maintain any consistency . Just when you think we may have turned a corner, out of nowhere, appears a lamppost that we crash head first into. Who would have thought when we beat Man United we would lose 5 games on the spin ? That's what gets my Swede .

The board want this team to get into europe??

they could not get into tesco's

Some players are going to be in for a rude awakening soon..and maybe a ex liverpool player too

Edited by OLDVILLAIN

Can I say what worries me is that Gerrard talks about changes because of the performance, witch is exactly what Dean Smith said when he dropped Mings, and nothing improved. This is a squad attitude problem, not an ability problem. I fear that he will make changes but the performance will not improve, and if that happens where do you go from there? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

SG has been here for about 5 months, it takes time. 

I'm becoming more and more convinced that it's not a manager issue.

Some of these players are just not built for the hard work required. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

I think the general consensus  is of frustration, given the potential quality of this squad. However you do have to  consider that effectively we have only looked liked a genuine top 6 premier league contender for about six months of the last dozen years or so.I hope Gerrard can find a consistent tune out of this squad soon or it will be a bit of  a wasted season really.

5 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

The constant in this season is the players, neither Deano or Gerrard seem to be able to get consitant and up for it performances. We always seem to start off slow and have let in a lot of early goals in numerous games this season making life harder for us to get results. I think we have over rated a lot of our players to be honest. Is it too early to maybe look at the main guy Lange who is responsible for bringing most of these players to the club?

5 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I think there will be quite a few player changes in the summer tbh 

Looking back, it was bad, i mean really really bad, but... that goal goes in literally once in a blue moon. And our goal should have stood what with VAR measuring from the toe and not the heel. So another day that's an awful 1-0 win to us. Which would still be cause for concern, because lets face it we should be rolling these over by 2 or 3 not getting out of second gear. 

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think Chambers did well enough. Digne wasn't accurate and he and JJ just seemed to be on different pages. 

There was 1 moment where a ball went into space just inside the box on the left and they both left it for each other to get, with neither going towards the ball. I think Digne slowed and move onto the line and JJ cut inside to run in the box

Stats show that we had 63% possession but I can’t remember the Newcastle keeper having anything to do? That is startling really.

It was a really bad day at the office and one of the worst performances this season.

Let’s see the reaction at the weekend.

19 hours ago, nick76 said:

Fed up! Just sick of this shit!

Its happening too often with different managers......The 3 Leeds games at home, Brentford, West Ham, Wolves and now this.....This is nothing new, its in our DNA.

There are so many things to mention, but there is no intensity or combative nature, in this team....they are so slow, to everything.

The soft underbelly Rears its ugly head again.

I think players who get big reputations from us, we need to think again, because they are way off form.

The common denominators need to be rested and a shake up is required.

I would sooner play the kids, than watch some of that, woeful, drivel.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Stats show that we had 63% possession but I can’t remember the Newcastle keeper having anything to do? That is startling really.

It was a really bad day at the office and one of the worst performances this season.

Let’s see the reaction at the weekend.

These bad days at the office are starting to be a bit regular.

Â