Ratings & Reactions: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/02/22 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

New signings in today's lineup were Burn, Trippier and Wood. That's it ain't it? We should be competing against them. Yet what we served up today was absolute dross.

Yep up against - Digne, Countinho - whose new recruits would most fans choose ?

• Like 1

Him slouching in his chair with a couple of minutes to go would be good for a meme. I wonder what he was thinking?

"What the hell are they trying to do out there".

The subs coming on and making no impact at all was worrying. Too late, wrong subs??

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Him slouching in his chair with a couple of minutes to go would be good for a meme. I wonder what he was thinking?

"What the hell are they trying to do out there".

The subs coming on and making no impact at all was worrying. Too late, wrong subs??

The worrying thing for me was that Watkins was apparently about to be replaced before his 'goal', yet he didn't come off until 11 minutes after it. Why? Fair enough 4 were probably taken up by the VAR check but that would still be 7 minutes too late bringing him off.

• Like 1

Thinking  about it, we've had some stinkers this season . Watford and Arsenal, away. West Ham at home. We just cannot maintain momentum.

Even in games we have a tendency to surrender momentum far to often. It's almost like a lack of belief in their ability. It really is fustrating being a supporter of this club. 

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

Thinking  about it, we've had some stinkers this season . Watford and Arsenal, away. West Ham at home. We just cannot maintain momentum.

Even in games we have a tendency to surrender momentum far to often. It's almost like a lack of belief in their ability. It really is fustrating being a supporter of this club. 

just start accepting that we'll get a couple of results that go against expectations and it really becomes less frustrating.

14 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Today, any momentum was destroyed every time by constant stops and starts. The peak was when Villa finally seemed to get some pressure and suddenly the ref stopped for some medical energency. Either Newcastle got lucky with all of that or it was superb gamesmanship…

9 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Doesn’t fit the narrative that’s why 

Haven’t won in the last three games at home

Haven’t won at home since 5th December

5 points in the last 18

1 win in the last 7

Lost weakly to Newcastle, let slip two goal lead to Leeds, both this week

Is there a narrative or just saying how it is?

I want Gerrard to do well with us, he’s our manager and leader.  I want the players to do well.  We aren’t doing any of this the last couple of months, there is no narrative I just want better.

Edited by nick76

1 hour ago, grantholtgolazo said:

Some of you sound absolutely deranged right now, maybe take a breather/few hours offline.

I genuinely can’t tell if people are serious or  on a windup. A large part of our fan base always embarrass themselves after a loss but the reaction today has been something else.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Haven’t won in the last three games at home

Haven’t won at since 5th December

5 points in the last 18

1 win in the last 7

Lost weakly to Newcastle, let slip two goal lead to Leeds, both this week

Is there a narrative or just saying how it is?

We did beat Brentford and FC Molde in a couple of friendlies. Credit where it's due.😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I genuinely can’t tell if people are serious or  on a windup. A large part of our fan base always embarrass themselves after a loss but the reaction today has been something else.

Yep we are pissed off with the weak performance today, the loss of a two goal lead against Leeds and the results of the last couple of months…I’m not sure we are the ones with the wrong reaction.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Today, any momentum was destroyed every time by constant stops and starts. The peak was when Villa finally seemed to get some pressure and suddenly the ref stopped for some medical energency. Either Newcastle got lucky with all of that or it was superb gamesmanship…

Don't forget their keeper holding his big toe while half the Newcastle side ran to Eddie Howe to be told how to play football.

Â