Ratings & Reactions: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/02/22 at 23:59

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Whats really disappointing is how little we penetrated thwir depleted defence.  You think trippier going off we would target their right side but nope. Just utterly turd.

It was a complete walk in tbe park for Newcastle.  A proper losers performance from them. 

I honestly don't think we will have a more winnable game in the prem than this one. Newcastle are an average team, their best player went off at half time leaving a makeshift defense. ASM looked a bit injured too.  I don't understand how we couldn't work out a way to create more chances, really appalling.  Gerrard has really gone down in my estimations today 🥺

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thug said:

What?

No they’re not.  I think it is universally accepted that things had become stale and it was time for a change.

What is happening here is that some people refuse to acknowledge that todays performance was possibly as bad as the 5 loss streak - to teams that every single one of which is above us in the table right now.

West Ham (4th)

Arsenal (6th)

Wolves (7th)

Spurs (8th)

southampton (10th)

We’ve just lost to **** Newcastle, and if you dare to question the managers decisions/tactics, some people start name-callling!

Today's performance was awful but no, one very bad performance and loss is not as bad as 5 losses in a row, especially when the majority of those losses were performances almost or equally bad.

I mean come on.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Adman said:

I honestly don't think we will have a more winnable game in the prem than this one. Newcastle are an average team, their best player went off at half time leaving a makeshift defense. ASM looked a bit injured too.  I don't understand how we couldn't work out a way to create more chances, really appalling.  Gerrard has really gone down in my estimations today 🥺

I think gerrard took too long to take watkins off. Watkins looked piss poor all game.

Its alarming when you have players like countinho buendia mcginn jj and you cant even create a shot on target until 65 mins.

Just generally a absymal  performance with zero positives

• Like 1

I think it's worth remembering that this is a team of players playing badly rather than a team of bad players. We've given plenty of big teams huge problems going toe to toe with them this season. 

I actually expect us to kick the lard out of a team soon enough.

• Like 2

Just now, kevpants said:

I think it's worth remembering that this is a team of players playing badly rather than a team of bad players. We've given plenty of big teams huge problems going toe to toe with them this season. 

I actually expect us to kick the lard out of a team soon enough.

Really ?

We look more likely likely to receive a good pumelling than to dish one out. Imo.

Just now, Mantis said:

How is bringing up the five game losing streak being selective? It was one of the main reasons why Smith was sacked.

Wow

so bringing up 5 games is not selective, but 6 or 7 IS?

Why bring up smith at all?

is 7 points in last 7 games against mainly lower half opposition acceptable to you?

is 1 shot on target against Newcastle acceptable you?

Forget smith.  He lost it and rightly got sacked for his failings.  Just answer those two questions.

Just now, Thug said:

Wow

so bringing up 5 games is not selective, but 6 or 7 IS?

Why bring up smith at all?

is 7 points in last 7 games against mainly lower half opposition acceptable to you?

is 1 shot on target against Newcastle acceptable you?

Forget smith.  He lost it and rightly got sacked for his failings.  Just answer those two questions.

No to both, and I don't even know why you're asking me that as I've never indicated otherwise.

And I didn't bring up Smith - just responding to the people who think our current failings somehow make Smith better than he was in his final months with us.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

We're ten points off the bottom three with a game in hand, we're closer to Europe than we are to the relegation zone. Since Gerrard came in we've taken one less point than West Ham having played two games less, and they're in fourth place.

Yes theres a total over-reaction on here. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

We're ten points off the bottom three with a game in hand, we're closer to Europe than we are to the relegation zone. Since Gerrard came in we've taken one less point than West Ham having played two games less, and they're in fourth place.

Yeah the talk of relegation is way way off. Worth pointing out as well that Brentford have only got 1 point from their last 6 since beating us, and are 3 points below us having played 2 more. I don't think they'll go down either but we're not the only team in poor form right now.

To be fair West Ham have been in poor form, but midtable form for us isn't bad all things considered, just need to make sure that Newcastle performance is a one off and doesn't become an habit. Hopefully we will see a reaction against Watford.

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Yes theres a total over-reaction on here. 

There’s not. I think people are within their right to be upset by a defeat. We’ve won one game in four. Our form isn’t good and we aren’t even top of the bottom half of the table. 

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

said it many times, will say it again, half that team is bottom half PL quality.

Watkins, Cash, Luiz & McGinn were terrible, really terrible.

If I were Ings and Sanson, i would be wondering wtf i have to do, to get ahead of them.

Not sure they are any better.

Expect Newcastle to get most decisions until the end of this season. I think it has already been mentioned, an it's so true, the Premier League will not want the Billions Newcastle have going to into the Championship, not a chance. Whoever don't believe this, needs to give there head a wobble. Ref was gagging to give a penalty with that foul and our goal, was a goal. The offside was not clear an obvious, not only were the lines and angle dodgy, it has been agreed to drop all the millimetre decisions by the Premier League for the rest of the season, until today ofcourse.

Don't get me wrong it does not disguise the lack luster performance today, but a draw would have been more palatable against a team who have just spent 80 mil with there tails up in the air.

• Like 3

Just now, grantholtgolazo said:

Some of you sound absolutely deranged right now, maybe take a breather/few hours offline.

Mm are we though. 2 pathetic performances when we should have had 6 points. We are not some plucky promoted team

• Like 2

Â