Pre-Match Thread

BleedClaretAndBlue

Happy with that team. It seems that Gerrard is wanting to play this team into form, which makes sense given he’s still relatively new and trying to get them playing how he wants.

Buendia starting is brilliant, him Coutinho and JJ can rip the barcodes to bits. Let’s hope Watkins has a good game but if not I’d like to see an earlier sub for Ings.

Oh and Leon Bailey is back 😍

The biggest worry is we're crap in the air and we're up against a team with some good threats in the air.

For that reason was hoping Hause would start but big chance for Chambers.

Should be a good match - both teams to score!

Edited by Brumstopdogs

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

there's nothing to fear in that newcastle side, aside from ASM No excuses to not win this match. 

Completely off topic whenever I say ASM in writing i think of something quite popular (with the ladies probably)in smutty movies. 

Back on topic 3-1 Villa

Watkins doesn’t deserve the start, I really hope he takes it with both hands and scores a brace or at least put the attitude back to how he used to have it.  

I bet Ings is disappointed though, he deserved to get a chance after Ollie’s prior poor performances.

C’mon Ollie, show us last seasons form, we are all behind you to start turning this around.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

A player back from an injury much sooner than was expected? Leon Bailey recovered from injury and on the bench?

What witchcraft is this?

Too early in my opinion. It does remind me of M.O.N. playing a certain set of players no matter what.  But I trust in SG (for now lol)