Pre-Match Thread

BleedClaretAndBlue

On 11/02/2022 at 16:48, VillaFaninLondon said:

Leeds always outrun and outfight us, they're not better quality-wise but fitter and more aggressive than us. Even so, we would have won that game had it not been for awful defending. 

IMO we should not be finishing below any of the following teams: Norwich, Watford, Burnley (probably the bottom 3), Newcastle, Leeds, Everton, Southampton, Palace, Brentford. That puts us 11th.

I also think we should be finishing above Brighton which puts us 10th but 50-50 whether we will. I could begrudgingly accept finishing below Leicester, Wolves, Spurs, Arsenal, Manure, City, Plop and Chelsea as they're all strong teams with a lot of quality all over the park. Although given Leicester's issues defensively (much like us) we could quite easily finish above them too. 

But I'm with you, I like entertaining, attacking football but if we can't defend we're never going to show any consistency to get up the table. 

while that (emboldened bit ) is still hanging around us....I don't know what to think, in regards to where we will finish.

You only have to watch Everton v Leeds today, Leeds with the same side they played against us.....To give us something to think about.

18 minutes ago, TRO said:

while that (emboldened bit ) is still hanging around us....I don't know what to think, in regards to where we will finish.

You only have to watch Everton v Leeds today, Leeds with the same side they played against us.....To give us something to think about.

I think there's an element that Dirty Leeds raise their game against Villa.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Not surprised Leeds lost today, they put in a huge effort against us that they had several players collapsing with more than 10 minutes to go with cramp. They were probably ballbagged today.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Not surprised Leeds lost today, they put in a huge effort against us that they had several players collapsing with more than 10 minutes to go with cramp. They were probably ballbagged today.

Must admit I thought Everton would win today.

And I think we will struggle tomorrow for similar reasons...of course hope I'm wrong.

• Like 2

Everton have showed today just how shit Leeds are. We just about scraped a draw. Gerrard needs to get things sorted quick or we will just stagnate. Newcastle will be well up for this game against our shit defence!

• Like 3

Bad time to play them. Conversely it’s a good time to play us. We are really missing the balance that Marvelous brings and we will also be missing Emi tomorrow. Comfortable victory for them probably but it’s still exciting times for us and with little Phil in the team, anything is possible.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

is there any danger, we could start raising our game against them?.....or Newcastle.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

Everton have showed today just how shit Leeds are. We just about scraped a draw. Gerrard needs to get things sorted quick or we will just stagnate. Newcastle will be well up for this game against our shit defence!

Everton showed how shit Leeds are and we didn’t beat them which makes us shit. But the game just before, we beat Everton who comfortably defeated Leeds which makes us great.

I’m surprised people still want Sanson. But no matter what the line-up we have a good chance of getting three points. Saint-Maximin doesn’t worry me for some reason, just let him run, wave his arms and get lost down the corner flag as usual

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

really is no need to justify Hause, For me he plays on merit and has had very few poor games when he has started

McGinn in his post match interview the other night alluded to the probability of it being Chambers who will come in. Hause can be decent but wasnt great last start he got when Mings was out against Brentford. I suppose we dont know sort of performance we’ll get with any of our CBs at the moment so it doesnt really matter either way..

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

An awful lot of people feeling negative because of "how bad we've been recently".

We're unbeaten in our last three league games against Man Utd, Everton and Leeds - we're not in bad form.

True. I think it’s just the manner in which we conceded those goals against Leeds. It’s knocked the confidence a bit. However, let’s not forget how utterly scintillating our attack was in that game. We can be sharp, creative and ruthless going forward, when we hit our rhythm nobody can stop us. 

We just need to get the balance right and defend better as a team. Hopefully that happens today, because we will score goals. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

A win today will help out our former manager Deano, We can go top 10 and no one likes the barcodes anyway

Whut? 

The media says Jawdee Town are everyone's second favourite team! 

💩🤮💩🤮

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

An awful lot of people feeling negative because of "how bad we've been recently".

We're unbeaten in our last three league games against Man Utd, Everton and Leeds - we're not in bad form.

I'm more afraid of Newcastle and their, if not form then spirit, at the moment. BGuimaraes and StMaxim against our somewhat fragile defense with no Konsa. We couldn't contain James, how do we handle STM?