• Ramsey
    • Buendía
    • Watkins
    • Coutinho
    • Chukwuemeka (Buendía 59)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/02/22 at 23:59

Overall it was a good game for the neutral, just highlights that we still aren’t anything special and won’t beat last seasons finish.

For every great performance today there was a terrible one from someone else. If Ings and Sanson can’t get a start at Newcastle….

Ramsey and Coutinho Men of the Match. It was a shame Buendia went off as he was influential in attack and defence.

Defence is rubbish, from a 3-1 position we were sloppy at the back.

Their first goal was also poor and Konsa let the ball go through his legs, very weak defending.

Some really rate Konsa, some criticise him. I'm in the middle with him to be honest.

Leeds repeatedly fouling at every opportunity to try and put Villa out of their stride, referee seemed to let that go for way too long. Thought Ailing could have gone off aswell for persistent fouling.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

We are a work in progress. 

This it’s been 11 games and a vast improvement over the previous 11.

• Thanks 1

Leeds get to us. Our players lose the plot sometimes in these games. We had to get in at 3-1. Psychologically that goal on HT swung the momentum back to them. Then Mings with his Jekyll & Hyde moment, 2 top clearances one minute, a crap one straight to Llorente the next. Thought defensively we were weak.

Coutinho clear MOTM, pure class. Goal + 2 assists show he is still at the peak of his powers. Ramsey very good again. 5 goals in a real coming of age season for him. He is going to be some player.

Thought Digne & Konsa were poor, 2nd red of the season for Ezri, how many games are you banned for that. Stupid from him but we have cover.

Hope Buendia is ok. Take the draw, it was vital not to lose that game. Positives- 3 unbeaten; Onwards & upwards (hopefully)

1 minute ago, flashingqwerty said:

Absolute garbage.

We allowed Leeds to dictate the play, and bring us into a physical battle which we do not have the players to do.

Fortunately we have a few players with individual quality (Coutinho and Ramsey) but by and large we were poor and at times embarrassingly so.

SG setup up poorly to face Leeds and his changes were equally ineffective.  Overall, I'm really embarrassed by what I saw.  Like watching pub players hitting each other with the occasional nice touch.  Pathetic from top to bottom and Newcastle will beat us if we play like that at the weekend as they have better players than Leeds 

I am very worried for this team after tonight

What you on about, Leeds pretty much dictate the play most games against anyone, plus we didn't have that many bench options - Perspective, we won't play at this pace every game. 

5 minutes ago, andym said:

I think more players than we initially thought will be replaced in the summer

It hasn't taken Gerrard long at all to get the likes of El Ghazi and Trezeguet out the door.

And tonight is nowhere near the first time this group of players has shown such a soft underbelly and an inclination to make such sloppy errors

Gerrard will be going with them if we carry on like this. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I think people are going to be in for a shock if they think we will stroll Newcastle on Sunday. I think we'll be lucky to come away with a point. 

If we play well we beat them. They only beat a very poor Everton and were poor for half the game. But show them too much respect or be complacent and we could lose, but we have so much more quality than them on paper.

Edited by thunderball

4 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

Great game, shame we didn't match Leeds energy but not many teams do. This shows how much we are crying out for a midfield destroyer, lamenting Luiz (Who I thought had a decent game) and Mings is pointless when we lack a proper DM. Mings and Konsa will have better games 

A proper DM doesn’t stop mings getting out jumped by a dwarf or not defending two corners in the same way and our Center half playing a five yard pass to an opposing player in our own box. I could mention the first goal too but I will leave that for now other than to say why does konsa not get tight in the box he seems to back off a yard like he did with Dan James first goal and I noticed he did it in other games (Leicester goal comes to mind) Is he scared of getting turned ?

• Like 1

Just now, tomav84 said:

our style of play leaves us totally exposed if they're not 100% on it. and tonight they weren't and we saw the result

yes we can point fingers at the defence...and we should've dealt with the goals better...but tonight just proved the need for a real enforcer in front of the back 4.

marv would've done well tonight actually. we needed someone to break up the play and he's great at that

Yep, same old story, we need that quality DCM

• Like 1

I’m nowhere near as disappointed as some. Yes we were 3-1 up but it was at no point a typical game. It was nuts…there was obviously going to be more goals. If we hadn’t have lost key attacking players we probably would have scored more. 
Annoying yes but world ending, no.

Hopefully injuries not too bad.

• Like 1

A fair result but three one up at home and we gifted them a point, JJ and Coutinho were brilliant but too many poor performances from th like of Konsa Mings and Luiz. Watkins was anonymous and the Leeds keeper didn't have a save to make in the second half.

• Like 1

Â