• Ramsey
    • Buendía
    • Watkins
    • Coutinho
    • Chukwuemeka (Buendía 59)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/02/22 at 23:59

Out fought in my eyes again. Just too nice, no one fighting Leeds at their own game. Coutinho, Buendia and Ramsey were class for half an hour but not enough steel or composure elsewhere. Defense just got involved in Leeds' niggly game epitomised with some stupid yellow cards. Ref was atrociously inconsistent

Fecking dirty inbred Leeds bastards and one of the worst refereeing performances this century... Still we've only ourselves to blame for throwing away the win. 

Also Konsa is an idiot and a rest will do him good. 

Edited by vreitti
  • Like 2

Disappointing result but it was never going to be as easy as some were suggesting, Leeds are only four points behind us despite missing half their team for most of the season, them missing players gives a false sense of security anyway, doesn't matter who they've got playing they usually play the same as they're more reliant on a well drilled system rather than individuals.

Positive for us is that at least we've got a game in a few days to try and bounce back, if we can get three points from that then four points from Leeds and Newcastle won't be a bad return, but we do need to beat Newcastle now, we did anyway but it's now become more important.

• Like 2

Just now, CVByrne said:

3 players come out of the game with credit. Coutinho, JJ and Buendia. 

Cash and Digne did okish

The rest we very poor. Martinez included

I agree. Emi needs to share some of the blame, too. I love him, but he can do more than he did today. 

• Like 1

I think more players than we initially thought will be replaced in the summer

It hasn't taken Gerrard long at all to get the likes of El Ghazi and Trezeguet out the door.

And tonight is nowhere near the first time this group of players has shown such a soft underbelly and an inclination to make such sloppy errors

• Like 1

Just now, Panto_Villan said:

Disappointed by the result, but enjoyed the game.

Thought we looked terrible when Buendia was forced off, as Chukwuemeka didn't do anything when he came on in his place. Then when Coutinho went off we were totally toothless.

I think we've got the makings of a really, really good team. But we need a better striker, and we need to sort out the defence somehow. Perhaps that means better defenders, but not necessarily.

Exactly focus on the positives. We got a glimpse of what Coutinho and Buendia can do. Hopefully all 3 injuries are just knocks 

Two big deflections for their second and third. 

I genuinely don't think the defensive problems were down to the back four. A genuine number 6 I think would help us in that game. Generally though we've been worse against Leeds' super high tempo game. Ref was a joke, again.

Should have had 3 points really after playing really well to get 2 goals up but not the end of the world.

Still learning as a group, need to get as fit as the Leeds lads, we'll get better.

1 minute ago, Panto_Villan said:

Disappointed by the result, but enjoyed the game.

Thought we looked terrible when Buendia was forced off, as Chukwuemeka didn't do anything when he came on in his place. Then when Coutinho went off we were totally toothless.

I think we've got the makings of a really, really good team. But we need a better striker, and we need to sort out the defence somehow. Perhaps that means better defenders, but not necessarily.

A nice balanced post, we need another striker option but I do think Ings should have been given at least 30 minutes. The Buendia and Coutinho replacements just weren't up to it. We do need a class forward and a midfield enforcer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

Disappointing result but it was never going to be as easy as some were suggesting, Leeds are only four points behind us despite missing half their team for most of the season, them missing players gives a false sense of security anyway, doesn't matter who they've got playing they usually play the same as they're more reliant on a well drilled system rather than individuals.

Positive for us is that at least we've got a game in a few days to try and bounce back, if we can get three points from that then four points from Leeds and Newcastle won't be a bad return, but we do need to beat Newcastle now, we did anyway but it's now become more important.

I think people are going to be in for a shock if they think we will stroll Newcastle on Sunday. I think we'll be lucky to come away with a point. 

• Like 1

Leeds know how to keep the football so well but boy they also know the dark arts. We were literally kicked off the park.

3-1 up going into half time, we shouldn’t have the conceded the second. Set the tone for the second half and we never looked like scoring again. The third Leeds goal was therefore inevitable in the end.

We have to stop the sloppy defending.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Absolute garbage.

We allowed Leeds to dictate the play, and bring us into a physical battle which we do not have the players to do.

Fortunately we have a few players with individual quality (Coutinho and Ramsey) but by and large we were poor and at times embarrassingly so.

SG setup up poorly to face Leeds and his changes were equally ineffective.  Overall, I'm really embarrassed by what I saw.  Like watching pub players hitting each other with the occasional nice touch.  Pathetic from top to bottom and Newcastle will beat us if we play like that at the weekend as they have better players than Leeds 

I am very worried for this team after tonight

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Not sure what was going on with Konsa this evening, but he barely put in any effort at all. Very lethargic.

Martinez wasn't great either.

I'm sure the defence will get their act together soon enough though.

On the plus side, the attacking before Buendia's injury was electric. Carney coming on for him was a bit weird though.

Â