• Ramsey
    • Buendía
    • Watkins
    • Coutinho
    • Chukwuemeka (Buendía 59)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/02/22 at 23:59

7 minutes ago, andym said:

I think more players than we initially thought will be replaced in the summer

It hasn't taken Gerrard long at all to get the likes of El Ghazi and Trezeguet out the door.

And tonight is nowhere near the first time this group of players has shown such a soft underbelly and an inclination to make such sloppy errors

Luiz has to be done. Enough is enough. We need a CB as Konsa and Mings just not the level they were. Watkins is becoming just useless.

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Only time will tell how it pans out for him but this is the best player to ever wear a Villa shirt. 

You can't rule out that it will end that way, but it's waaaaay too early to say that. In my time, Paul McGrath will be hard to top, to say nothing of Sid Cowans, Pongo Waring, Billy Walker...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Car crash defending. McGinn and Luiz crap, Watkins isn't the answer. Terrible second half after a very poor defensively first half

Never seen Konsa play so bad.

Lost our momento when Buendia went off.

We desperately need a striker and it seems central defenders and a defensive midfielder this summer.

Maybe Archer can come of age with us next season. It's looking promising with him.

4 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

What you on about, Leeds pretty much dictate the play most games against anyone, plus we didn't have that many bench options - Perspective, we won't play at this pace every game. 

Perspective? 1 or 2 players aside, we looked like a pub team tonight.  Nowhere near good enough and not for the first second or 3rd time.

• Confused 1

We went as strong as we could today. Defensive errors for all of their goals, really. Could we have started Hause in place of one of the other CBs? Leeds were in our faces today and were very aggressive which we couldn't deal with. We will get better I think. Bit worried about the game on the weekend, though. 

Why cant we perform for 90 mins and not just 45.

Defensively we were shocking..both Mings and Konsa need a kick  in the backside and told to improve or be sold.

Luiz looks lost to me..mcginn might as well have gone to the pub for the second half as i did not see him..

Watkins for me needs to be sold...at a loss of course as Villa year after year pay well over the going rate for 2nd rate strikers.

• Like 1

We threw that one away as usual. No point in having amazing players up front if we keep on defending like that. We will have to upgrade Mings and Konsa in the summer window.

Probably McGinn and Luiz too. Both anonymous. And Watkins will need to be upgraded. Two of our subs were Young and Chukwuemeka. Neither looked as though they should be on the pitch.

Gerrard must now be realising how big a job he has taken on. 

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

Two of our subs were Young and Chukwuemeka. Neither looked as though they should be on the pitch.

Chuk wasn't anything special but I don't think he did anything wrong. Ramsey didn't look good in many of his appearances last year and look where he is now.

Young wasn't on very long, but I didn't see where he did anything wrong, either.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Perspective? 1 or 2 players aside, we looked like a pub team tonight.  Nowhere near good enough and not for the first second or 3rd time.

We were class at times 3-1 up, just some lack of desire and poor defending cost us, hardly pub team, this stuff happens. Jude us after a full season under Gerrard 

Â