Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

14 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Divock Origi is available on a free in the summer if he could be convinced to sign.  Would be a fantastic signing, he'd be 20+ striker at Liverpool if he was first choice.

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Would rather start Davis up front 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Why would Pau Torres or Hermoso leave Champions League teams to join a mid table Premier League team and risk World Cup spots when they have bigger options 🤔

I think money is usually the reason, but I used the words “or similar” to mean any other CB of exceptional quality. The point is we need someone good enough to displace Konsa or Mings, and a significant upgrade on Dougie to play with JJ and McGinn. 

If Man Utd really want to offer us £60m for SJM then I’d probably replace him too. Bissouma and JJ as 8’s with a new CDM would do us fine.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Divock Origi ....he'd be 20+ striker at Liverpool if he was first choice.

You wot? Klopp has been trying to force him to leave for the last 2 seasons. He's crap. 

We should sign Bellingham for whatever it costs. The LoL's 😂

Edited by villa89

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I think like with Tammy, Chelsea have a buy back clause

Yeah I can see him going back to Chelsea. Just wish we could strike a deal, he’d be perfect. Then a DM in front as well and god knows what we can achieve. 

I can see people suggesting we upgrade our centre backs and our right back (that I don't agree with) but we're coming to the point now where any major upgrade would cost a fortune. 

Ben White was £50m. Is he better than Mings or Konsa? Spurs have spent about £85m on Sanchez and Romero, not to mention Emerson at RB for £25m. Would any of them be classed as an upgrade? I think defence is a lot tougher to get right. 

Where we do go to upgrade our defence? Maybe an older head... like we did with McGrath/Terry and Chelsea have done with Thiago Silva? I don't know. I'm just typing out my thoughts! 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I can see people suggesting we upgrade our centre backs and our right back (that I don't agree with) but we're coming to the point now where any major upgrade would cost a fortune. 

Ben White was £50m. Is he better than Mings or Konsa? Spurs have spent about £85m on Sanchez and Romero, not to mention Emerson at RB for £25m. Would any of them be classed as an upgrade? I think defence is a lot tougher to get right. 

Where we do go to upgrade our defence? Maybe an older head... like we did with McGrath/Terry and Chelsea have done with Thiago Silva? I don't know. I'm just typing out my thoughts! 

I think, if we are serious about going after a top six place in upcoming seasons, we have to upgrade our spine in CB, DCM and striker positions.  

I don’t know how and I know it’ll cost big money but it’s the owners and Purslow that keep alluding to ambition time and time again.  Those kind of words they know come with big expense so unless they are lying it must mean we are prepared to spend.  

If it wasn’t for the words coming from the club, I’d honestly only ever expect us to maximum of 8th because the gulf of getting higher is big money imo and unlikely but the club keep talking so hopes increase.

On that basis our defence isn’t top six material. It makes too many errors and very often looks nervous and vulnerable. Who to replace, how and what cost is open to debate but I just don’t think what we have is top six defence.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Time to accept we probably need 1 - 2 CBs as well.

EDIT: Should have read all the posts prior 😂

Left Sided or Right Side? A quality and I mean top tier CB elevates Mings, But long term continuing with the development of Konsa is also important.

11 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Left Sided or Right Side? A quality and I mean top tier CB elevates Mings, But long term continuing with the development of Konsa is also important.

A top quality DM will also elevate both Mings and Konsa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I mentioned Richarlison in another thread. I think he could be very good for us as a striker. He looks miserable at Everton and I think he'd score boat loads in a decent side. He also has that aggression/nasty streak that I think Gerrard wants.

He's a wide player isn't he? Everton fans don't rate him as a '9'. He's better on the left, in Coutinho's position

Good player mind you.