Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

That's going to be confusing next season... Kamara, Kamada, Kelvin and Calvin plus 2 Emi's. 

Plus two Ramsey’s and chucks

Edited by thabucks

15 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I’m sold on us getting Bissouma now to play with Kamara.  Would provide much needed protection for our back four and energy going forward.  

Kamara

Bissouma              McGinn/Ramsey

Isn’t that too defensive if there’s the usual back 4 behind them as well?  

or maybe just when playing the top 6 teams?

13 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I don’t think so. It’s just more solid. As from what I read Bissouma isn’t a DM. I think it’s getting exciting for us. Especially when getting quality without spending more than whats expected. If we got Bissouma I think we’ll sell Luiz. But I really think selling Watkins now would be our best movement. He won’t get us more value than now, unless we’re not planning to get a new striker (which I doubt).

• Like 1

I don't know why I'm surprised by it after we signed Coutinho (twice) and now reportedly Kamara --- we are clearly looking at a higher tier of player coming in to the club and Gerrard/Lange/Purslow have been able to identify those and have gotten 2 so far over the line. 

Really looking forward to the summer now with this in mind. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Bardell has hinted that there is another transfer which is relatively close.

On post match pod.

I believe there probably is. Gerrard sounded very confident about signings. 

• Like 4

I think sales are equally important to new signings this summer. We have too many players on our books, and too many we don’t use. We need to start recycling more cash through player sales and stop endless loans out until contracts run out. 

We should be able to generate some good cash and free up wages by selling the following (I know some will be released): El Ghazi, Hourihane, Trezeguet, Traore, Sanson, Young, Nakamba, Kalinic, Guilbert, Wesley, Targett and Steer. 

I would prefer keep Traore and Sanson but if we are never going to use them, we should try to get some money back. Bailey could be another but we would take a serious haircut after the season he’s had. Plus maybe he’s worth a punt for another season. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I reckon Tarkowski.

Tarkowski , Kamara, Suarez as frees?

A concern I've seen from some fans is that Tarkowski probably isn't good on the ball due to being acclimatised to Burnley though

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

I don't think it's too defensive. SG obviously sees the full backs playing very high up the pitch, I wouldn't be surprised to see two new defensive midfielders who can provide much needed cover and shape.

Wouldn't shock me at all if we brought in Suarez. So many games recently we've created bucket loads of chances but can't take them. I thought Ings would be that player to take them but clearly not.

I don't see Suarez or Tarkowski coming in. The former is past his best and a waste of money, and the later isn't what we need at RCB. We need an adept short passer and mover there. Plus we pace is important too.

Delighted with the Kamara deal. Exactly what we need. Now a general like Bissouma to add to that and we are suddenly in great shape in central midfield.

The big thing for me mow is getting the RCB right.

• Like 1