Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Wouldn't shock me at all if we brought in Suarez. So many games recently we've created bucket loads of chances but can't take them. I thought Ings would be that player to take them but clearly not.

So Suarez in and Ings sold?

5 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I don't see Suarez or Tarkowski coming in. The former is past his best and a waste of money, and the later isn't what we need at RCB. We need an adept short passer and mover there. Plus we pace is important too.

Delighted with the Kamara deal. Exactly what we need. Now a general like Bissouma to add to that and we are suddenly in great shape in central midfield.

The big thing for me mow is getting the RCB right.

Chambers

• Like 3

We obviously need more mental strength in our team, more of a winning mentality, a few older players with leadership qualities that can help set that standard and lift the other players might not be such a bad idea.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Absolutely dismal end to the season.

Time to absolutely gut this team.

Gut is too far. 

2 different central midfielders today and Liverpool wins the league. We already have one of them is Kamara coming in just need the other now.

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

Isn’t that too defensive if there’s the usual back 4 behind them as well?  

or maybe just when playing the top 6 teams?

No that isn't too defensive, I would play 2 DCM's in every game.

40 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

I'd take that.

I bloody wouldn't.

I am fine with signing him if we are going to play 2 forwards fairly often but not at the cost of selling one of the current strikers as in a year we will be forced to purchase a new striker and who knows what is available and for what price.

28 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Defending isn't good enough. A bit slow. Good versatile squad player.

Thought he's looked quality every time he's played. Not out of place against city today

• Like 2

I'm still not in a rush to sell Ings if I'm honest.

You don't just lose that quality.

ALSO, finishing aside, truth is, he's a much more intelligent all round footballer than Ollie

Problem is, I don't really want to lose Ollie either.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

ALSO, finishing aside, truth is, he's a much more intelligent all round footballer than Ollie

To progress we need to be ruthless. We need to find a striker with the qualities of both of them IMO. 

18 minutes ago, Xela said:

To progress we need to be ruthless. We need to find a striker with the qualities of both of them IMO. 

I’m greedy. I want to add a better one and let them fight it out for the other slot. 

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I just can’t see us keeping both AND signing a new 40m or so striker. Plus having Archer on the periphery. 

I wouldn’t mind having all of these options at our disposal. But it seems unlikely to me.

27 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Hopefully Ings can start next season firing so Ollie will either sulk on the bench or come back stronger.

Mind you Ings scored twice in August and then barely again until January.

If we sell Davis we'll get another striker in anyway so they or Archer might be the actual answer who knows.