Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

For the first time in my life we are serious big hitters in the transfer market. 

Hopefully this summer 

So far for me we've spent a lot of money but we haven't been big hitters, the numbers higher up the league are eye watering

Buendia as our record transfer would be 10th on Arsenal's list, 7th on spurs*, 21st on man utds

He also wouldn't be top of newcastles, Leicester, West ham or wolves 

"big hitter" is a stretch imo so far 

* adjust the fees for lo celso due to the loan and throw in Romero who they will sign

47 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Since I am not English I consider myself an impartial opinion on it. 

45 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m not English either and I completely disagree. Also my best is a Leeds fan so watches him every minute. Thinks he is way too good for Leeds. 

Now we've all established that we are not English, when are we forming the breakaway expat Super League for forums?

VT Global - Sponsored by a dodgy betting company?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Hopefully this summer 

So far for me we've spent a lot of money but we haven't been big hitters, the numbers higher up the league are eye watering

Buendia as our record transfer would be 10th on Arsenal's list, 7th on spurs*, 21st on man utds

He also wouldn't be top of newcastles, Leicester, West ham or wolves 

"big hitter" is a stretch imo so far 

* adjust the fees for lo celso due to the loan and throw in Romero who they will sign

Ok potential big hitters. But the mood music has definitely changed. 

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Now we've all established that we are not English, when are we forming the breakaway expat Super League for forums?

VT Global - Sponsored by a dodgy betting company?

Sponsored by a questionable Columbian “pharmaceutical” giant. 

3 hours ago, striker said:

Wan-Bissaka available in the Ten Hag clear out. Very good defender but not sure he’d come to Villa as cover?

Doesn't fit the Mould of what Gerrard wants/expects from his full backs really imo

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Don't sign him as cover tell him you envision him being number one.

Start him at the beginning of the season and if he isn't an improvement you go back to cash and let them fight it out.

Lie.

so we should start going around and lying to prospective signings about what their role will be? What happens to the dressing room and morale when the lies become evident? Think that would be a terrible way to go around for business, plus the agents would pick up on that pronto

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Ok potential big hitters. But the mood music has definitely changed. 

Like I said I hope so 

I don't want huge player turnover this summer and the start of a new project, I want 2 or 3 signings that are £50-60m each, established internationals that make you stand up and notice 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Like I said I hope so 

I don't want huge player turnover this summer and the start of a new project, I want 2 or 3 signings that are £50-60m each, established internationals that make you stand up and notice 

Would a free Kamara count?

13 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I can only presume Sanson is going to be moved on.

Brenden Aaronson would be a good signing to plug that gap in the squad. He could oust McGinn or Luiz before too long.

that would be a great shout, would also increase the club's profile over here in the States

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Oh yeah id take him too that's for sure 

I’d go for him, Philips, Bassey and if we want to add a really exciting signing, Kamada. That list will almost certainly involve some departures too. 

46 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Hate is such a harsh word. I dont hate anybody from these teams ok except maybe Klopp but everybody knows he is a rocket polisher 😉

They are easily the 3 most overhyped teams on the planet though in Liverpool case this time the hype is fine

I love Klopp.

31 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Doesn't fit the Mould of what Gerrard wants/expects from his full backs really imo

so we should start going around and lying to prospective signings about what their role will be? What happens to the dressing room and morale when the lies become evident? Think that would be a terrible way to go around for business, plus the agents would pick up on that pronto

I'm not suggesting we do that throughout the team...... just for the full backs :D

• Like 1