Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

I remember him when he first came through at Southampton, he was terrific. He’s had a lot of injuries since then, he’s always had a lot of talent and is someone that I’ve kept an eye on from afar. He’s played for England 3 times, he’s no mug, Arsenal signed him from Southampton for £16m when he was 19 years old, Arsene Wenger was manager at the time, he could always spot a player. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How the **** do we do these stealth signings! 

And announce them whilst Kaveh and Darmesh ITKs are on TV talking about everything that's happening, we're trolling Newcastle and SKY, we are too cool for school, hooray for the Villa.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

I just think this is a cost effective signing. 

Also says to me Gerrard and Villa are happy with Konsa and Mings. As realistically Hause or Chambers are never gonna usurp them. 

Indeed. I think CBs for next season sorted. When we finally get around to upgrading there (if we do) then we should be able to move Chambers on for a fee. 

It's a smart signing. Some people will criticise it because he's not a world beater, but sometimes you need these types of players in the squad. 

Edited by Xela

1 minute ago, VillaJay said:

He won player of the season playing in midfield for Fulham in the 18/19 season in the PL

Just turned 27

Can play RB, CB and DM

Has 3 England Caps (from 2014)

Is a free transfer

Decent squad option

He's actually a decent player, has a few skillful moves and knows how to score too, really good backup/competition.

Â