Match Thread: Everton v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

He made one pass that went directly out for a corner.

He has not put us in trouble.

He is not even remotely ‘lazy’

He’s not lazy but he’s far too casual at times. He made a great headed clearance early in the game, turns his back on play and the bloody thing comes straight back at him. He just needs to remain switched on at all times. 
IMO he’s class, he’s a warrior, leader, exceptional athlete but infuriating at times with the most stupid things

opponents figured out mid fall that to push, pull and bully us physically took us out of our game.  I find it frustrating to watch - and as a partisan fan - I wish referees would see the obvious tactic and stop it.  AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH   But fortunately, under Stevie, our boys are responding perfectly, play quicker, play through it, punish the opposition for being within reach of you.  Let your quick play that isn't stopped by the contact force them to drop back into better defensive shape.  That's what we are learning to do.  That half was brilliant from us tactically.  Bad passes happen, scuffed shots happen, offsides happen.  Our character against the physicality was impressive and is the reason we are ahead.  I am really impressed with what Stevie has done with us in that way.  May it continue.

Just now, villatillidie1980 said:

He’s not lazy but he’s far too casual at times. He made a great headed clearance early in the game, turns his back on play and the bloody thing comes straight back at him. He just needs to remain switched on at all times. 
IMO he’s class, he’s a warrior, leader, exceptional athlete but infuriating at times with the most stupid things

I’m 100% in agreement there. That one moment was really poor, but aside from that he’s been absolutely dominant the first half.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

Just scored an amazing header to go 1-0 and you are going on about a couple of misplaced passes. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Yes because errors never lead to goals, if they scored from the corner this site would've broken the internet. It's a forum to discuss the match. It was a great goal, but Mings does annoy me.

Just now, bobzy said:

"Liability again".  Phenomenal analysis, aye :D 

He's been giving the centre backs a tough time and getting us up the pitch.  Forced Mina into a couple of errors.  Has been playing absolutely fine.

Given the ball away nearly every time it's played into him. The balls over the top have done Mina. Ollie hasn't troubled them unfortunately

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Yeah I had to chuckle when they started on that rubbish, why do we get stuck with Owen as a pundit 🤮

Cos in aus we always get the brits that other brits want to get rid of 😅

• Haha 2