Luis Suarez

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

fair enough. I'm not sure that SG is so desperate for the Liverpool job that he'd toss us under the bus for this sake. Klopp is still very successful with them and not looking to move on right now anyways so even if he was desperate for it there are no guarantees he will be called up by them in the short term. I think that SG just wants us to have a little more experience in the squad to balance it out with all the young players we have. We can agree or disagree with this, but I don't think that what he is saying & doing is evidence of something more sinister than this.

I think you have a point....its so difficult to bring in the right quality, without European football.....we are assembling some top class youth, but the gap is a little too big.

We need some "here and now" quality to get us in to the better league placings....Hence the temporary switch in strategy.

My worry is, we have lost 11 games, so far.....we need some defensive reinforcements too.....we can't be losing so many games, like this.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think you have a point....its so difficult to bring in the right quality, without European football.....we are assembling some top class youth, but the gap is a little too big.

We need some "here and now" quality to get us in to the better league placings....Hence the temporary switch in strategy.

My worry is, we have lost 11 games, so far.....we need some defensive reinforcements too.....we can't be losing so many games, like this.

I agree that we are a little bit leaky at the moment. I'm not sure if that is a form thing or a player/coaching quality thing, but I'm leaning more towards the former since we have witnessed Konsa and Mings as a powerhouse pair in the past (our entire back 4 + Emi tbf). I do think that we are a little short in cover there atm however which is a worry now that we lost Axel. At least we got a better cover for Emi now in Olsen and upgraded on Targett with Digne.

I know that you would love us to sign a CDM to improve on Luis and Nakamba and I see a point in doing so if we want to play our RB and LB more aggressively in attack. I think an absolute workhorse in this area would elevate us. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I'd really start to question the club and Gerrard if this is a credibe link.

Anyone who's actually watched him and not just looked at stats would see this would be an incredible waste of wages.

He can't run he can't move. He's so stiff and immobile.

Just don't do it 

I havent seen him at atletico madrid so how does his scoring work these days now he cant move?

Do they wheel him in the opposition penalty box at the start of the game while the other plays bounce the ball off him into the goal?

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I havent seen him at atletico madrid so how does his scoring work these days now he cant move?

Do they wheel him in the opposition penalty box at the start of the game while the other plays bounce the ball off him into the goal?

Last few times I have seen him he has been like Ronaldo. More poacher than how he used to play

• Like 1

My word.  Remember when we thought it was impressive that Coutinho had 23.5m Instagram followers.

Suarez has 42.8m followers.   That's ridiculous.

You can see how from a marketing point of view these kind of players can transform the profile of the club.     

You can bet there are some really big fat sponsorship deals lined up on the back of these.  I've seen it written that a lot of overseas fans follow players rather than clubs.   

I know it's what happens on the pitch which is THE most important thing, but it can't but help matters if it drums up significant interest in little old Villa and enhance our profile to sponsors.

7 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

and yet, less than a week ago, we signed 17 year old future prospect Kerr Smith

I don’t think anyone would suggest we would never sign another young player for the future but the signing policy has clearly changed in the summer.

We previously had a policy where we only buy under 25s and look to improve them and ‘add value’ but we are now willing buy fully developed players with little resale value as part of the mix. 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

"here and now" implies that Digne and Coutinho won't be around in 3 or 4 seasons.  I don't think that is what you meant.  But it sounds like a stop gap / temporary fix.  If Coutinho is 80% of the player he was for Liverpool - he is the fulcrum around which the rest the team is built for the next three or four seasons.

• Like 1